The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William Spanos Jr
Dr. William Spanos Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Louisville, KY, with other offices in Campbellsville, KY and Encinitas, CA (and 6 other locations). He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Radiation Oncology and Radiology. Dr. Spanos is affiliated with Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas, Norton Audubon Hospital and Norton Suburban Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. William Spanos Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Radiation Oncology
A radiation oncologist is a physician who specializes in the use of nuclear medicine in diagnosing and treating cancer in a patient.
These doctors work in concert with other cancer specialists in order to determine the best form of treatment for a specific patient. Radiation oncologists are in charge of determining the correct dose of radiation to be used in treatments like radiotherapy and chemotherapy, as well as the appropriate amount of time that radiation should be administered in order to maximize the therapeutic benefits.
A radiologist is a physician who specializes in the use of medical imaging to diagnose and treat illnesses or injuries in patients.
The different types of medical imaging are X-ray, computed tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound, and nuclear medicine.
Radiologists are experts in these different types of tests and can advise a primary care doctor on which test is most appropriate in a specific case. These doctors also assist primary care doctors in analyzing the images produced by these tests in order to determine next steps necessary for treatment.
- Breast Cancer
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer
- Radiation Injuries
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
Dr. Spanos is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas
Norton Audubon Hospital
Norton Suburban Hospital
Taylor County Hospital
UC San Diego Health System
Tri-City Medical Center
Floyd Memorial Hospital & Health Serv
Jewish Hospital - Louisville
Kosair Children's Hospital
University of Louisville Hospital, Division of Plastic Surgery
Norton Hosp, Louisville, Ky
Floyd Memorial Hospital
Taylor Regional Hospital
U Of Louisville Affil Hosp, Louisville, Ky
40 Years Experience
Loma Linda University
Graduated in 1973
Dr. William Spanos Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. William Spanos Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Louisville, KY.