Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. William Swayser
Dr. William Swayser, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Allentown, PA, with another office in Center Valley, PA. He has 24 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Swayser is affiliated with Sacred Heart Hospital/Allentown, St. Luke's Hospital/Bethlehem and Saint Luke's Hospital - Allentown Campus. Dr. Swayser has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. William Swayser has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. William Swayser has the following 2 expertise
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Infectious Disease
Dr. William Swayser has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. William Swayser is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 6
Excellent physician. Caring and compassionate. Does not watch the clock and hurry you out after a 10 minute appointment. Very thorough. Explains and suggests care in a way that you understand and he makes sure you are on board with what he is prescribing. Top notch Doctor in every way. You won't find many physicians like him in today's world. His bottom line is your care, it's not about the money.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Swayser is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Sacred Heart Hospital/Allentown
St. Luke's Hospital/Bethlehem
Saint Luke's Hospital - Allentown Campus
Lehigh Valley Hospital
Lehigh Valley Hospital - Muhlenberg
Lehigh Valley Hospital - Allentown Campuses
St. Luke's Allentown Campus
24 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Lehigh Valley Hospital
Dr. William Swayser accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AmeriHealth HMO, POS, DPOS
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC Keystone Health Plan Central HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. William Swayser, DO - Internal Medicine in Allentown, PA, in this video.
Dr. William Swayser is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Allentown, PA.