Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. William Brown Jr
Dr. William Brown Jr, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Richland, MO, with other offices in Lees Summit, MO and Overland Park, KS (and 1 other location). He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine and General Practice. Dr. Brown is affiliated with Research Medical Center, Centerpoint Medical Center and Central Kansas Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. William Brown Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
Dr. William Brown Jr has the following 1 expertise
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Showing 2 of 5
I was assigned this doctor when my primary physician of 5 years retired. The first two appointments he could not locate my medical records. On the third appointment he decided to increase my prescription dosage for blood pressure. He never examined me in any of his visits. The final visit he increased the dosage of my blood pressure medication to an inaccurate amount, and preached his religion to me for 20 min. The pharmacy and my insurance company notified me of the inaccurate dosage. When I called his office the staff was rude and told me it was 'not their problem' and for me to wait until my next appointment - which I cancelled. Dr.Brown, in my opinion is incompetent and should not be practicing! I would not recommend him - ever!
Dr. Brown is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Research Medical Center
Centerpoint Medical Center
Central Kansas Medical Center
37 Years Experience
Kansas City University of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. William Brown Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Richland, MO.