Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William T Tanner
Dr. William T Tanner, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fort Washington, MD. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Tanner is affiliated with MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center and United Medical Center. Dr. Tanner has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. William T Tanner has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. William T Tanner has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 20
The Dr. is pretty competent and thorough . His office staff on the other hand is completely incompetent. He has a host of unprofessional, uneducated personnel who are either unable or unwilling to answer questions or provide assistance. I find myself constantly at a loss for words with unbelievable responses to average medical questions
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Tanner is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. William T Tanner accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
Locations & DirectionsShah Internal Med Ft Wash, 11701 Livingston Rd Ste 101, Fort Washington, MD
Take a minute to learn about Dr. William T Tanner in this video.
Dr. William T Tanner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fort Washington, MD.