The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William W Ting
Dr. William W Ting, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Ramon, CA. His specialties include Dermatology. Dr. Ting is affiliated with Doctors Medical Center, Santa Clara Valley Medical Center and Alta Bates Summit Medical Center Alta Bates Campus. Dr. Ting has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. William W Ting has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. William W Ting has the following 13 expertise
- Actinic Keratosis
- Mohs Surgery (Dermatological Surgery)
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Basal Cell
- Dermal Fillers
- Skin Biopsy
- Skin Cancer
Dr. William W Ting has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. William W Ting is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 34
If profanity was allowed here, I'd title my review something else (believe me). Here's my story: During my initial consultation with "Doctor" Ting for hyperhidrosis treatment, I requested an authorization be submitted for Botox, as it was evident that my severe diagnosis would not improve solely through medication. Despite my insurer stating it was covered, Ting advised me that my network would not approve. I asked him to still submit paperwork as I was skeptical. He said he would...a few weeks later, the office informed me that my network denied the authorization. I go for a few treatments but without success (one was moderately good but not amazing by any stretch). I contacted my medical network. Not only did "Doctor" Ting NOT submit an authorization but the representative told me it's untrue they automatically deny Botox requests for medicinal purposes. Obviously I was livid, not only at the lackluster treatments but my paying exorbitant money when it could have been zero (my coinsurance is 100%). My insurer told me to have retro-authorizations submitted...the doctor's office did it but, per someone's words, said it was a "courtesy". Filing authorizations is a standard operating procedure, not a "courtesy". If they don't wish to deal with HMOs, don't accept HMO patients. Pure and simple. A few weeks go by and the network denies the authorization (I learned it was due to his billing manager providing an inaccurate code. Incompetence multiples at this office faster than Octomom!). I'm sure they thought, "See! We told him it would get denied!" I appealed it, provided an eloquent letter about my situation (I'd offer to do this from the onset. It takes all of a half hour on a weekend. No sweat-pun intended, as my condition is excessive perspiration) and gave the appeals personnel a couple articles documenting Botox's efficacy for my condition. A few weeks later, sure enough I got reimbursed. I doubt they have EVER dealt with an insurer to be paid for Botox treatments (The above took minimal time. If they have submitted paperwork in the past with no favorable outcomes, you would think they would inquire what went wrong so they can improve)...they're just lazy, inept and want an expedient route towards fast cash. To everyone reading this, use my experience for learning purposes: if a doctor states something that makes you suspicious, FOLLOW UP by every avenue (i.e. call the network to confirm if they have authorized your procedure, contact your insurer, see what can be done to have your treatment approved). Sometimes you have to do the leg work if the staff is nonchalant towards addressing your needs. I'm now much happier with a far superior dermatologist (she even noticed right away via my medical records what Ting did wrong. I've already gotten results after just one set of Botox injections).
Location is strange. Office is strange. Doctor the most strange of all. His FIRST goal is to hike the bill with a total body mole inspection for cancer, and he starts that before even glancing at what I made the appointment for, a lesion on my face that wasn't healing. He is difficult to understand, wears a floor length black gown and just seems really strange. Lots of staff but no patients.
If you want to see a dermatologist go see a real dermatologist elsewhere. Go here if you want to be seen as a cash cow by nurses ,physicians assistants, technicians, assistants. It's not a medical practice, its a beauty salon, they are only interested in doing cosmetic services to make as much money from you as possible. There is no guarantee of results!
My daughter had been to Kaiser and 2 dermatologists in private practice before coming to Dr. Ting. Only then did it begin to get better, treating it on all fronts: meds, stress reduction, and nutrition. By all means skip the ones who don't work, and race to Dr. Ting ~ I absolutely guarantee you that you will be happy! ...a relieved mom.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012, 2013)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2009)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Ting is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
University Of Iowa
Dr. William W Ting accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCalifornia Dermatology Care, 2262 Camino Ramon Ste 200, San Ramon, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. William W Ting in this video.
Dr. William W Ting is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Ramon, CA.