3.6

Have you seen Dr. William A Vitello?

This doctor is demeaning to women

I had a horrible experience in the office with Dr. William Vitello. He is very creepy and demeaning toward women. Didn't listen to me at all and incompetent as I had to find another doctor just a few weeks later to resolve my trigger finger issue. I caution all women to AVOID DR VITELLO if you get a referral to see him.

stay away

This practice is an administrative nightmare. Cold, unhelpful and unapologetic. I was referred to Dr. Vitello for hand surgery. He met me for about three minutes to evaluate my problem. He seemed disinterested and immediately scheduled me for surgery. The surgical paperwork and preparation was a disaster - very disorganized, cancelled appointments, botched scheduling and unfriendly staff. I have little confidence in the medical care and no confidence in their ability to manage patient care. Moreover, based on my unsatisfactory experience with this office, I met another hand surgeon who was more professional and recommended a simplified surgery that does not require a procedure in a surgical suite and does not require extensive pre-op procedures.

Rushed so badly!

My favorite 4 letter word describes my office visit = "NEXT!"

Dr. Vitello diagnosed my right hand with a cyst that needs Surgery. He Impressed me as a highly skilled and experienced hand surgeon, However; There is much more to being an accomplished surgeon than just cutting. After describing the surgical aspect of my treatment he left the room and never came back to discuss the post op details which is equally important to explain as I was frightened , high risk, and was left stranded in limbo without the ability to ask him pertinent necessary questions. His secretary Cynthia blocked me from asking her to call Dr. Vitello by hushing my attempts making me feel as if in kindergarten until she finally rushed me out of the office in total confusion. Dr. Vitello returned my call to finally answer my questions. I go to a doctor for professional health care and not to socialize; but I do want a complete office visit; Not half of one = lopsided!

The office, hospital, surgery, post care all were beyond expectations.

The whole experience with Dr. Vitello was better than any other doctor I have visited. Phone calls were answered with in 5 rings. No waiting, no punching buttons to connect to a real person. I actually never waited 5 mins. It was more like 3 minutes. I had been to 3 doctors to remedy problems I had with my hands. Dr. Vitello resolved the trigger finger problem through out patient surgery at Illinois Masonic Medical Center. The care could not have been better starting from pre-operation instructions, free valet at the hospital door, and exceptional care through out the process. For example, Blue Cross and Blue Shield would not give me the cost of the operation however the patient representative at the hospital provided me a print out. The operation went smoothly and follow up visit showed no problems. My thumb is working normally now.

Great Experience

I came to Dr. Vitello with a broken wrist I needed surgery plate and screws I was miserable but with Dr. Vitello's expert care the surgery went so well as did my recovery here I am a month later and I'm back to normal. I have never had surgery before and I can honestly say this was a very good experience from start to finish not only with Dr. Vitello but with everyone in his office. I recommend Dr. Vitello highly.

Excellent surgeon, master of his craft

Phenomenal surgeon. My healing process was smooth, quick, and comfortable. The surgery went so well one can't even tell that I had surgery, to the point where my PT even confused my two hands today! Some people might get turned off by his bedside manner, which I could see some thinking is abrasive. But he's not in the room to chit chat, he's in there to get the job done—and he does, with precision, caution, and care. Highly recommended!

Dr. Vitello was my specialist for a recent scaphoid fracture injury. I saw him every 2-3 weeks for 4 months and every single appointment made me feel better and more secure in my care. His staff (Cynthia!) is awesome and he is extremely diligent in the way he goes about treatment. He is conservative without holding you back and allows you to be looped in on every step of the process. I highly recommend Dr. Vitello for hand/wrist injuries. They can be stressful / frustrating but Dr. Vitello made me feel like under his care I would be back to 100% myself if I was patient. Essentially, everything he told me came true.

Dr. Vitello: Excellent Surgeon, Nice Man

I found Dr. Vitello easy to talk to and he was a consummate professional. Though he could be brusque at times, he always answered my questions and explained things very clearly. He did surgery for a buckle fraction near my wrist, and it has healed quickly and amazingly well. I highly recommend him.

Highly recommend Dr. Vitello

Extremely knowledgable, and very fast. Excellent doctor.

Disinterested

Arrogant and condescending. Every appointment felt like the first time--he had no recollection and didn't bother to read his notes regarding previous visits. In the end, he misdiagnosed me. Thankfully I went for a second opinion before any procedures. I wouldn't trust him.

Dr. William A Vitello is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.

Dr. William A Vitello Is this you?