Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William R Vonah
Dr. William R Vonah, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Carlisle, PA. He has 20 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Vonah is affiliated with Holy Spirit Hospital A Geisinger Affiliate and Pinnacle Health System At Polyclinic Hospital. Dr. Vonah has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. William R Vonah has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 16
Dr. Vonah is excellent...he is extremely thorough. He is the only doctor in 44 years that found I had a heart arrhythmia during my normal physical. He always takes as much time necessary with his patients and answers all of your questions. He has a great personality and is quite funny. He makes you feel relaxed and at ease. He goes out of his way to call personally with lab results, as well. I would highly recommend him. He only sees patients about the age of 18 though...I just wish he saw kids at his practice, too. Dr. Vonah is the best!!!!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2016, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Vonah is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1998
University Of Pennsylvania Health System
Dr. William R Vonah accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC Keystone Health Plan Central HMO
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMasland Associates, 220 Wilson St, Carlisle, PA
Dr. William R Vonah is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Carlisle, PA.