Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. William W Mark Jr has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Women's Health
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Celiac Disease
- Hepatitis C
- Abdominal Pain
Showing 5 of 15
Dr Mark is one of the best Dr in the area. He has many yr of experience and is an excellent diagnostician. He is thorough and explains things in a way that is easy to understand. My mother has Crohns disease, and she could not afford the medication that he wanted to prescribe. Her Medicare rx proram did not begin to cover the cost, which was going to be about $500. a month. Dr Mark asked his office staff to help us in getting additional financial assistance for her. It was a lengthy process with many twists and turns. Erin was extremely patient and efficient. My mother was approved and got her medication free. We are extremely grateful.
I was so nervous making this appointment. Had let problem go for so many years because of embarrassment. I would not go anywhere else. Office is kinda secluded. Dr. Mark is very informative and I felt comfortable telling him my issues. Several more appointments with him and issues I had for years were healed. Should have made appointment years ago.
dr would not listen to me when i tried to explain my symptoms, he just assumed celiac disease and didnt want to consider anything else. his bedside manner was terrible....he did not even examine me, yet wrote in my records that he did. then i had to fight to get my test results back, which took a few weeks, and not because of the lab. overall bad experience.
42 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1976
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. William W Mark Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWilliam W Mark Jr Md, 224 Washington St, Cumberland, MD
Take a minute to learn about Dr. William W Mark Jr in this video.
Dr. William W Mark Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cumberland, MD.