Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William A Willis Jr MD
Dr. William A Willis Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fayetteville, NC. He has 46 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. William A Willis Jr has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. William A Willis Jr has the following 12 expertise
- Mental Illness
- Bipolar Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
Showing 4 of 4
Self-verified patient of Dr. William A Willis Jr - Posted on October 13th, 2016
awesome, kind, supportive, helpful
Self-verified patient of Dr. William A Willis Jr - Posted on November 15th, 2015
He loves Insurance
Self-verified patient of Dr. William A Willis Jr - Posted on January 23rd, 2013
I was 17(5 months from 18) when my fathers verbal abuse (w/ an occasional slap/punch) became frequent.The last incident was witnessed by one teamate and my volleyball coach. I was late (car problems) I was kickied and choked til I blacked out in the front yard.The police pressed charges and when he got out ,I got committed by him. I had the unfortunate luck of being acessed by Dr.Willis for 4 minutes and was listed possible Bipolar (that's a fav of his) and he immediatly asked for a 90 day override on my CHAMPUS ins usual 1week review.I had 3 teachers,5 neighbors, my best friends parents,my pediatrician& the cop that arrested my dad trying to get me out. It took a lawyer to dig up that he was keeping Champus patients a minium of 180 days with multiple diagnosis changes & 3 real MD's saying I was fine to get out.. He never even bothered to verify that I was there so I couldn't testify or that my father was abusive. He even tried took force lithium on me.Needless to say I know first hand about "faith" based techniques and his unusal approach to get results. I'm an adult now 42 to be exact ,graduated H/S w/ honors played 3 sports,went to UNC-CH graduated w/a MBA, own my home and have 2 beautiful girls.All of which he said would be "highly unlikely "to happen since" I had sever mood swing and I was manic bipolar w/ adjustment issues" that would requirer a minium of a 1year impatient treatment,which Champus would have paid for til I was 24. Do not go to Dr. W. Allen Willis do not let him near your children.
Worth Every Penny
Self-verified patient of Dr. William A Willis Jr - Posted on March 20th, 2012
46 Years Experience
- Med Univ Sc
Sc Medical Center
Dr. William A Willis Jr Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Locations & DirectionsWILLIAM ALLEN WILLIS JR MD, 2850 Village Dr Ste 103, Fayetteville, NC
Dr. William A Willis Jr is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Fayetteville, NC.