Dr. William Wittlin Is this you?

3.1

Have you seen Dr. William Wittlin?

Posted on January 3rd, 2016

We took out six year old to see Dr Wittlin, as we suspected ASD. He told us we were "living with a monster" with "no empathy." The second part he said in front of our son. I hope no other parent ever hears a "professional" say that about their child ever again.

Posted on March 4th, 2012

Dr Wittlin has helped my child by trying different medications and if one doesn't work he comes up with one that does work. The change in my child is tremendous he is able to function in school and home where couldn't before.I think of where my child was when he started going to Dr. Wittlin and how he is now and am grateful for the change that has occured.

Posted on January 24th, 2012

Dr. Wittlin isn't perfect and may not be the doctor for everyone, but he has helped me improve my life dramatically and has had an overall highly positive impact.

Posted on January 21st, 2012

I am the mother of a 16 year old son who was having extremely serious "issues" coinciding with his 13th birthday. He suddenly hated me and my husband for no reason and his oppositional defiance disorder was out of control. My son refused school, was running away, had inappropriate friends, was cutting, drawing morbid pictures, lying constantly and exhibiting threatening behavior to his parents and teachers (on rare occasions when he would go to school). His only ambition was to be a gang member in the city. I was afraid of my own son, but more afraid for him as I knew his choices were going to lead to either jail or death.At first I spoke to his pediatrician who referred us to a psychologist. For several months, we had weekly family therapy sessions where my son would act more belligerent than ever towards us. After it was apparent that talk therapy was not working, we saw another psychiatrist who seemingly had a lot of his own "baggage" and since my son refused treatment, the psychiatrist would not prescribe anything for my son, although he did feel he was "slightly" depressed. His exact words were that "we had created the monster.....now we have to live with him". By this time, my family was unraveling.At this desperate time, we were looking into options to save our son's life. We were seriously considering committing him as an inpatient at a psych hospital. In fact, our insurance had pre-approved coverage. At about this same time I had found Dr. Wittlin on the Internet. I called his office where I spoke to Irene who instantly made me feel comfortable and reassured me that Dr Wittlin could help my son. Irene knew it was an urgent matter and we had an appointment the following week.On the first visit to Dr Wittlin, he first evaluated my son alone. They were in behind closed doors for a while and then Dr Wittlin called my husband and me to come in to join them. Dr Wittlin was extremely honest and could see that my son was severely troubled and diagnosed him as bipolar. I remember being relieved at the diagnosis and that (maybe) there would be an end to this nightmare we were living. However, my son became very agitated and stomped out of the office declining any treatment. Dr Wittlin advised my husband and me that we should consider counseling for ourselves.After a few days, I had negotiated with my son until he agreed to take medicine for his illness. I called Dr Wittlin's office and spoke to Irene and advised her of my son's "change of heart" and a prescription was called in immediately. Within days of beginning this medicine, he became much healthier and happier. Friends and family were commenting to me how much better he acted. So was it a lucky guess on Dr Wittlin's part; is there even such a thing as bipolar???? I can only tell you that after almost three years of monthly sessions (including family therapy) and medicine compliance, my son is in 10th grade on the honor roll. He goes to school every day and gets up the first time called. Dr Wittlin does monthly drug screens which my son has always passed. My son is very active in a religious group, has helped various good will projects and is considering the field of criminal justice. I am sure that if my son had not been treated by Dr Wittlin that he would not be having the multitude of successes he has had and that he might not even be here. My opinion is that Dr Wittlin is experienced, very intelligent and truly cares about his patients. With his expertise, he is able to use the miracle of medicine to save a life.

Posted on January 19th, 2012

Dr. Wittlin is a very caring, sensitive, and dedicated physician. He has a gentle manner that provides a sense of comfort and safety when discussing one's feelings and concerns. He listens with an open mind and tries his best to help his patients find answers. Dr. Wittlin gave my son confidence and faith in himself with his gentle encouragement and understanding. He gave me my fun, happy, and humorous son back!!

Posted on January 17th, 2011

Excellent Doctor who gets right to the heart of the matter. Also, he keeps the appointments to within an hour or less which results in lower costs while other Doctors with so called better "bedside manner" will talk you out of large sums of money by letter you ramble on and on with information that the Doctor does not need in order to diagnose the patient. Overall I am very happy with his style and ability at pinpointing the problem. A++++++++++

Great Md

Posted on May 24th, 2010

Did really help me. Very caring md

Posted on May 4th, 2017