Dr. William Work Is this you?

Patient

Posted on November 9th, 2016

Great DOCTOR LIKED HIM GOOD DOCTOR TREATED ME VERY WELL NICE DOG FRIENDLY STAFF

Posted on June 22nd, 2015

Dr Work wants patients to be healthy and happy... Very happy. He sits and spends time figuring out all your ailments, and then decides that you need a whole bunch of nutraceuticals, vitamins and antioxidants, and maybe a pain med or two. He then dutifully gets you into his web. He is a very manipulative dishonest excuse for a physician. I hope the med board of California looks into this hero's habits...oh, just sayin..

Posted on October 1st, 2014

He should not be allowed a license. My ex husband used to get OxyContin prescription from dr work. He did not have a cronic illness other than an addiction that dr work fed.

We will miss you!!!

Posted on August 19th, 2014

Just wanted to update this to inform whoever's searching that Dr. Work's office is closed. I have never had a better Dr. It's been months and I still haven't found anyone that compares to him. Fresno is seriously lacking in compassionate Pain Management Doctors. We will miss you Dr. Work... Good luck with your future ventures!

finally a doctor that pay attention in medical school regarding empathy, patiened focused care, and finally someone who has figured out how harmful chronic pain is left untreated

Posted on September 22nd, 2013

please help us

Posted on May 23rd, 2013

My wife and I have been trying for weeks to get into see dr. work and with no luck so far. we were patients of dr. Brown and are having trouble with their staff to get us referred there. Dr. Work took an hour of his time to talk to us and were not even his patients, HOPE to be. We are going to continue trying to get in and get the help we NEED. We've seen an add in the paper for Dr. Work and have heard great things, and were not really sure what else we should do, it's unfortunate that another doctors staff is determining if we can get help from dr. work. Dr. work what should we do?

ABOVE AND BEYOND

Posted on May 2nd, 2013

Dr. Work is the most understanding, professional, and actually cares about a patients pain. I thought I was out of luck in finding a Doctor who gets I and will listen and actually care about me. Dr. Work has literally saved the quality of my life. He is a great doctor. I have a serious back injury and multiple other injuries some I've already have had surgery on and some of my surgery's I felt the level of mistakes and non existing care from other doctors in town I was hopeless. Without a top insurance company I found no doctor would take the time of day to see me. But Dr. Work was my miracle and there is no comparison he is what other doctor's should thrive to be and he is more than just a doctor he is a person who cares about a person pains not just another doctor who is looking at you as how much can I bill and your a patient who needs and is considered a "to much pain to much risk " patient or a risky patient because of the level of pain your in due to your injuries and just passes you refers you to the next Dr.. Dr. Work will take in the sick, the poor and unwanted and help them he is a patriot and a Doctor who I'm proud to say I,m lucky enough to be his patient and this world needs more Doctor's like Dr. Work. Thank you Dr. Work and Staff for everything you have done and continue to do it's astonishing and amazing how above and beyond.

A cut above

Posted on February 25th, 2013

I have been in need of a replacement knee joint since 1998. I originally injured the knee catastrophically in 1974. I don't wan't to have another major surgery on any part of my body and my Pain Meds allow me some mobility that I would absolutely would not have without them. Dr Work has got my Thyroid and other Hormones in balance and this has been an aid to me losing 50 lbs. He has got my Cholesterol within normal limits I follow his instructioins for total body health as best I can within my physical limitaions nd take my prescribed meds and vitamins (D3 and Fish Oil to name a few) but I know without him succesfully treating my intractable chronic pain I don't think I'd be as alive and happy as I am today. As a patient under his care going on 10 years I feel that I can say that I am completly satisfied with the leval of care I get at his office. My girlfiriend who has been living with me since I started seeing Dr Work has seen my nearly miraculous rebound in my health. Her brother is a Physician working at Kaiser in San Jose and says I'm lucky to have found him and cannot see anything wrong with how Dr Work treats pain

Run away

Posted on October 27th, 2012

You have to pay a large monthly fee to get to see him one of the 4 days a week that he works. He will prescribe any medication you want. He is great for those that don't have anything serious going on. Ask others doctors. He has a terrible reputation with his colleagues. If you mention his name to pharmacists they just roll their eyes.

Doctor's Response

So you are more upset that you have to pay a concierge fee than anything else, apparently. As to seeing me only 4 days a week...are your fingers broken? I am available 24/7 via phone (no answering service...its just me on the other end) and if you could not get in any other day, then you would gladly be seen on a Friday. (That is no longer an issue since I have gone back to opening up Fridays completely.) As to "great for those that don't have anything serious going on..." - that sounds a bit disingenuous when the other reviews are read. That I "will prescribe any medication you want,"...that's odd since I discharge more patients than most chronic pain physicians. I have access to the DOJ database (aka CURES) and fire people who are "doctor shopping" and do not prescribe what drug you want...I prescribe what drug you need (if any). By the time you come to me, you will most likely require pain medications...would you prefer (if YOU were the chronic pain patient) that I just give you Motrin and a pat on the head? Would that solve your pain problem and allow you a semblance of normalcy that people without pain take for granted? I think not. My "terrible reputation with his colleagues" only is true for those who don't want to treat chronic pain and have no clue how to treat chronic pain and have no interest in learning how to treat chronic pain using multiple modalities. If a pharmacist "rolls their eyes" when my name is mentioned, you found a lousy pharmacist who believes that ANYONE receiving opioids (short or long-acting) is an addict or abuser. There are pharmacists out there like that. If you wish to believe that pharmacist but not the multitudes that have NO PROBLEMS filling my prescriptions, then be my guest. You appear to be a chronic pain patient who I either discharged from my practice or you could not afford the concierge fees to be a member of the practice (even though all fees were explained at the initial visit and the first 60 days the fees were waived to see if you wanted to stay in the practice.) No matter how upset you are with me, I do hope that you were able to find a physician who could treat your pain appropriately for you and allow you to function.

And honest review for an review for an amazing physician

Posted on July 4th, 2012

I was referred to doctor work, by a very well respected neurologist. The first visit, I knew I had the most caring, kind and beyond thorough physician!! he has treated every part of my medical conditions, mind, body an spirit! I honestly don't think I would be here, if it were not for his amazing ability, to think outside the box. I would highly recommend him, to anyone blessed enough to have him as a doctor! Office staff works as a familyl! He has the entire package! I would like to thank you all! Amazing...

4 star excellent in every area

Posted on December 16th, 2011

VERY CARING,generous to a fault. Always maintains quality and ethics in profession.The best MD I personally could recommend.

W. Work M.D. - The most caring & informed Dr. EVER!

Posted on July 4th, 2011

I met Dr. Work in 2005 when he was requested by my surgeon to visit me for a pain consult after a series of operations. I was having terrible pain after 4 operations for gastrointestinal disease. Dr. Work came to see me in the evening & spoke to me for a good 30 minutes & changed my medicines & I immidiately felt relief. Due to his wonderful bedside manor & seemingly endless amount of knowledge I became a patient of his concierge practice in 2010. He is the most thorough, caring Dr. & I'm blessed to be under his care for both my chronic pain issues as well as hormonal imbalances, etc