Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. William D Zigrang has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. William D Zigrang has the following 21 expertise
- Parathyroid Diseases
- Pregnancy Complications
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Gland Issues
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Cholesterol Management
- Pituitary Diseases
- Cushing Disease
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
- Addison Disease
Dr. William D Zigrang has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 5
This has to be the most horrible doctor's office I have ever vistied. Each time I arrived no one was in the waiting room. When the docor saw me. He told me how competent and superior he was. He said he was a better doctor than a noted internanist whom he named. His mannner was arrogant and controlling . Then our vist was interrupted by a person from the front desk saying and naming a woman who had just called. The doctor then began discussing her and complaining about her in my presence. I was shocked and embarassed for this lady. I felt this was highly unprofessional. The staff is completely incompetent and unable to give the insurance company the proper codes for tests and treatment. My insurance agent is still trying to get them to correct their errors. Also in another instance, they were unable to get the insurance company's permission for a treatment. I waited 9 months never heard from them I called repeatedly was given lame excuses and ended up having to start the procedure all over again with a another doctor's office which handled everying in competent manner. There is no compassion or understanding. They are out to make money and showcase the doctor's" superiority"
I was diagnosed with hyperthyroisism by my ob/gyn and he told me to go to an endocrinologist for treatment. Found Dr Zigrang on this website and decided to go to him. I explained my resting heart rate was very high and the receptionist called me back in an hour saying Dr Zigrang would see me an hour later. He was extremely thorough. He checked me from top to toe, went through a very detailed medical history, and didn't dismiss anything I said. He was fully professional throughout but was humourous and easy to talk to. He was also very knowledgable not just about my condition but about anything I talked about in my colorful family history. I don't have to go to doctors often for myself but have worked with 100s in my career and I rate him very very highly.
47 Years Experience
Stanford University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1971
Medical College Of Ohio Hospital
Dr. William D Zigrang accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsIndividual Ppo Contract Oakland, 1750 El Camino Real Ste 202, Burlingame, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. William D Zigrang in this video.
Dr. William D Zigrang is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Burlingame, CA.