Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Hepatitis C Facts about hepatitis C: the signs, symptoms and who is most at risk.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Willis C Maddrey has the following 2 specialties
A hepatologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the liver, gall bladder, pancreas and biliary tree - the path through which bile that is secreted by the liver travels to the duodenum. These organs are responsible for many essential bodily functions, such as production of hormones and enzymes, filtering the blood, detoxifying chemicals, metabolizing drugs, and digesting and processing food.
Common disorders that are treated by hepatologists are cirrhosis of the liver, gallstones, pancreatitis and hepatitis.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Liver Transplantation
- Liver Disease (Alcoholic)
- Bile Duct inflammation (Cholangitis)
- Chronic Hepatitis
- Portal Hypertension
- Hepatitis C
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Hepatitis B
- Liver Diseases
- Hepatic Encephalopathy
- Liver Cirrhosis (Biliary)
- Esophageal and Gastric Varices
- Viral Human Hepatitis
- Gallstones (Cholelithiasis)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Maddrey is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine
Johns Hopkins Health System
Dr. Willis C Maddrey accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUt Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Willis C Maddrey in this video.
Dr. Willis C Maddrey is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.