Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Winston J Townsend has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 17
we were using the clinic paying cash because we have no insurance. we ran across Dr. Townsend and thought that he seemed very dedicated and very intelligent. He knows we are self pay and keeps that in mind. We have been patients for years now and are very happy with the service and care from the clinic. you also don't need an appointment and can always see a doctor even if your personal doctor is not in. A+ DR.TOWNSEND
Dr. Townsend has an offputting personallity of arrogance and unfriendliness. I saw him for an annual physical and found what could have been skin cancer. Some tests were done and the Dr. was to call me back with the results. I waited for over two weeks. I had to call him to find out whether or not I had cancer. Fortuneately, I did not but the test results were in soon after the test. Instead of calling me or having a nurse call me I waiting for over 2 weeks in anxiety. When I told him I didn't appreciate having to call in, he was insulting and wouldn't disrespectful. I've seen a lot of Dr.'s. Hands down he is the worst one I've ever encountered. Also he didn't seem too bright. Stay away unless you want to be treated poorly and potentially misdiagnosed!
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Townsend is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
Southern Illinois University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Dr. Winston J Townsend accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS IL HMO Illinois
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHealthcare Sisters Health System Medical Group, 1836 S MacArthur Blvd, Springfield, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Winston J Townsend in this video.
Dr. Winston J Townsend is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Springfield, IL.