Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Wissam B Abouzgheib MD
Dr. Wissam B Abouzgheib, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Camden, NJ, with other offices in Camden, NJ and Voorhees, NJ (and 1 other location). His specialties include Critical Care Medicine and Pulmonary Disease. He speaks English.
Dr. Wissam B Abouzgheib has 4 locations
900 Centennial Blvd Ste K
Voorhees, NJ 08043
3 Cooper Plz
Camden, NJ 08103
Book Online Now
Dr. Wissam B Abouzgheib has the following 2 specialties
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
Dr. Wissam B Abouzgheib has the following 7 expertise
- Chest Infection
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Angiographic Visualization
- Tuberculosis (TB)
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Wissam B Abouzgheib - Posted on December 9th, 2018
Caring doctor , explains every aspect to the point , gives multiple options for treatment and follows up closely with patients. Would definitely recommend as a care specialist!
One great doctor
Self-verified patient of Dr. Wissam B Abouzgheib - Posted on August 22nd, 2018
I came to Dr. Wissam for a second opinion on my lung nodules and we followed up four years and then another tiny nodule appeared. Dr. Wissam immediately sent me for further tests,preparing,not scaring me for what could happen. My tumor was tiny and invasive.I was prepared for anything,but because of quick action of the Cooper team, it was found before it had spread. Dr.Wissam and his office staff are true professionals. Highly recommend this doctor .
Dr. Wissam B Abouzgheib Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Health Garden State
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Wissam B Abouzgheib is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Camden, NJ.