Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Wolf J Erlich has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Cushing Disease
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Addison Disease
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
Dr. Erlich is a really good guy, very funny, certainly with a different sense of humor, but makes you feel comfortable immediately, as if you've been going to him for years. He also does a great job of explaining any issues you might have, why it may take longer to get better or what types of reactions you might have to a certain type of treatment. He is my general practitioner, I've been to him for annual physicals and also when I'm not feeling well. I enjoy his approach and do recommend him, especially if you'd like a Dr. with a unique personality. His staff is great too, they get you in and out and are very friendly. I gave two stars on the follow up portion because I don't think I've ever had issues that needed follow up so it doesn't really apply.
I first met Dr. Erlich when I brought my client in to see him for his Diabetes checks. I went to see him myself when I realized he really tries everything to get an answer for his patients. I have had a weight problem my whole life and now it is starting to effect my life at 27, he didn't just run thyroid panels and say "you're fine" he genuinely felt bad that my thyroid wasn't the easy answer for me to deal with and put me on a prescribed diet and basic exerciser plan where only a week later I'm already down 10 lbs which i haven't been able to do that in YEARS even with weight watchers.He is a phenomenal doctor to the point where he isn't just my endocrinologist but also my primary!
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2011, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Bellevue Hospital Center
Dr. Wolf J Erlich accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWallingford Family Practice, 950 Yale Ave Ste 39, Wallingford, CT
Dr. Wolf J Erlich is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Wallingford, CT.