Dr. Won Sam Yi Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Won Sam Yi?

warning

Posted on July 24th, 2017

I was severely burned by the radiation for breast cancer. Dr. Yi said that I would fully heal afterwards, he continually stated healthy tissue would heal but cancerous cells will not. Trust me healthy tissue Does Not fully heal. I have been left with permanent skin damage and fibrosis of my lung. Worse my thyroid gland was destroyed by the radiation and I am allergic to replacement meds. A simple thyroid shield would of prevented this ongoing trauma I now have to endure for the rest of my life.

Posted on June 11th, 2016

I just came from an appointment at CCS in Lockport to check on my cancer. In 2009, I was treated for cancer for the first time. It was at that time I met Dr. Yi and his staff. Theirs has to be one of the hardest jobs in the world because they see people dealing with what probably has to be the worst time in their lives. I was always been dealt with in a professional manner, with honesty and compassion. I never dwelt on the negative and always went in with a joke or a prank to try to lighten their load. I think they appreciated this and I think they enjoy seeing me as much as I do seeing them. The one nice thing they do is address me by my first name. Mr. Rug was my father and I will never be Mr. Rug. I have had cancer three separate times including stage 4 the last time with three tumors and they always seem to be able to pull me out of the rabbit hole. I owe my life to Dr. Yi, his skill and honestly, and I believe he is the reason I am still alive today. Over the last six years, I have developed a truly meaningful relationship with him. Today he thanked me, yes, thanked me for making him a better doctor. I will see them at the annual Lockport Relay for life and I appreciate their support for the American Cancer Society. By the way, my PSA was less than 0.1 which is the lowest the lab measures. What this means that I am presently cancer free. I have never seen a doctor as excited with lab results as he was. I believe he was more excited than I was. Thank you Dr Yi, Jim, Kim, and the rest of the staff at CCS. A solid 100 out of 10.

He's the Best!

Posted on January 18th, 2016

As a breast cancer patient, I had whole breast radiation at CCS Oncology under the supervision of Dr. Yi. I have only the best to say regarding this doctor and facility. My seven weeks of treatment went well and I thank Dr. Yi for his outstanding care. I highly recommend Dr. Yi.

Posted on December 2nd, 2015

I find Dr. Won Sam Yi to be a very caring and compassionate Dr.,he is so positive and up-beat. Along with Dr. Chen they take the time to listen and explain.

Posted on October 24th, 2015

Dr. Yi was very considerate and kind. He was always on time to our appointments. I would definitely recommend him to my family and friends.

Great Experience

Posted on September 6th, 2013

While he is occasionally running late for my 8am appointment I had a great experience with this doctor. He was thorough in answering my questions and even gave my family his personal cell number for emergencies. What doctor does that in this day and age? I was pleasantly surprised to be treated so close to home at Kenmore Hospital and it made a huge difference in time spent when I had to drive to treatment five days a week.

Peer in the community

Posted on September 3rd, 2013

Don't believe all the hype generated by his marketing machine. You are entitled to a second opinion. And when dealing with cancer, it would behove any patient to get as many opinions as possible.

Top in his field

Posted on July 22nd, 2013

I highly recommend Dr. Yi. He was most helpful and compassionate during my recent treatment at CCS Oncology.

Posted on January 31st, 2010