Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Wylie D Hosmer has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hematology & Oncology
- Hepatitis C
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
Showing 5 of 12
I don't get these two other reviews. I saw the same doctor and he was amazingly thorough and caring. He talked to me about every facet of what I am going to have to go through; he spoke slowly and it was apparent that he was going to spend time with me. He is a very young doctor, but to me that indicates someone who is up on the absolute newest trials and clinical studies out there.
Very uncaring and did not follow through, return phones calls - didn't give test results without me having to call multiple times, did not send results to main primary care dr like promised & overall he didnt seem to take anything seriously. Even prescribed wrong meds which could have have life threatening if I did not know better to not take them- for such a young dr I was shocked and appalled at his lack of compassion.
14 Years Experience
Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Wylie D Hosmer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHarvard Healthcare Medical Group, 40 Hart St Bldg D, New Britain, CT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Wylie D Hosmer in this video.
Dr. Wylie D Hosmer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Britain, CT.