Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Xunrong Luo has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Xunrong Luo has the following 7 expertise
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Kidney Biopsy
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
Dr. Xunrong Luo has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 4 of 4
This doctor is professional, scientific, clinical, methodical - very studious of medical statistics & data. A real plus when expecting a thorough review of your medical history vs. test results to arrive at prognosis, diagnosis and prescribed treatment. Unfortunately, it doesn't make for very good bedside manners where the doctor-patient relationship is concerned. The initial 'meet & greet' is replaced by detachment as this Dr's focus immediately shifts to medical facts, statistics & data. Communication becomes one-way with the Dr asking quick yes/no questions. Anything other than the short answer is met with a preoccupied "uh huh" but no real response & very little eye contact, if any. Once the data is studied, diagnosis made, medicines prescribed & orders given - you're out the door feeling as though you haven't been heard. The Dr may say that the office will call you with results but, chances are, you'll end up having to follow-up with the office yourself for the results.
Dr. Luo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
Duke University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsKovler Organ Transplantation Center, 676 N Saint Clair St Fl 19, Chicago, IL
Dr. Xunrong Luo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.