4.7

Have you seen Dr. Yale I Doberne?

Professional Doctor and Outstanding in Care

Dr. Yale Doberne cares for the patient and he makes sure that the family understands child or teens diagnosis and options. I have referred many of my friends to him and all have been extremely satisfied. His office staff is great. Definitely work the 45 min. drive to his office.

Dr. is Decent if you can get past the Office Staff who restricts visits, cuts parents off, rude, judgmental, unprofessional, hangs up.

This Doctor came highly recommended, but his office staff makes me feel like I am calling a snarky college sorority hazing committee. I've paid good money for health insurance and I don't deserve the attitude. My Son needs Medical attention. My Son has Asthma and has been hospitalized twice for it. We had seen a colleague of his the previous day (last week Wednesday) who prescribed a drug that made my Son so nervous, anxious and excitable that his personality changed, he was inconsolable, kicking and screaming. I had to wrap him us in a big blanket and hold him while he screamed and kicked until he fell asleep. It really scared me. We were not warned about the side effects of the medication, (I did read the patient insert which read "can cause "nervousness") had never taken it before and I was afraid to give it to him again for fear he might hurt himself, being unable to calm down. We saw Dr. Doberne the next day after begging for an appointment from the very snooty and unprofessional receptionist whom I shall call "M" who questioned me up and down about why I needed yet another appointment and cut me off several times in a very rude and short manner. Dr. Doberne gave us a different steroid prescription which has been much better behaviorally, and revised instructions for his asthma care meds. He also wanted us to get a FLU shot while my Son is on Steroids with a depressed immune system. When I balked he offered next week for the FLU shot. I am waiting for my Son to be healthy again before exposing him to something like that, but this is beside the point. On Tuesday my Son had not improved and I called asking for a chest X-ray because steroids can sometimes mask a chest infection, my Son was beginning to have a rattle with his cough and asking for a prescription for a nebulizer to pay out of pocket so we could have a portable one because insurance didn't cover it. Again "M" the receptionist did not respond by offering an appointment. She said the Dr. would have to call us back. By law one of the Dr.s in your pediatricians office must see you the same day you request an appointment. I got a call at 5pm on Tuesday. By this time, I had taken my Son to urgent care for an X-Ray because we were unable to get an appointment with his regular pediatrician. The X-ray was inconclusive, the Urgent Care Dr. said to follow up with my Pediatrician. (very frustrating) Today I had called back Dr. Doberne's office requesting a follow up appointment and was questioned, rebuffed, cut off and hung up on when I calmly, yet bluntly said I was disappointed in the service I was receiving. "M" quickly turned it around on me saying that it must not be that important if I had waited a day and a 1/2 to call for an appointment. I was astonished and dumbfounded. Saying I was calling for an appointment since yesterday, went to urgent care because I couldn't get one with Dr. Doberne yesterday and was calling for a follow-up appointment now per urgent care recommendation. She cut me off saying now that she would not talk over me and put me on eternity hold. I had had enough and waited until the office closed to call the after hours number tonight to speak directly with the Dr. about not being able to get an appointment for my Asthmatic Son. His after hours number specifically asks you to only call for medical issues that cannot wait until morning and not for any other reason. Against the answering machine's request and in taking a stand for my Son's health, I called him anyway was insistent with the after hours call center and asked to speak with him directly. I told him exactly what happened. He offered to see me the next day first thing in the morning. However I have just started a new job this week and cannot just not show up. He offered to see us on Saturday and to ask for an appointment that I already spoke with him and see him then on Saturday. I said one more thing: "Is it going to be this hard to get an appointment every time I call? Because I was just about ready to switch to another Dr., but I wanted to give you your chance to make this right." He said he was very sorry, that something was wrong and that this was embarrassing. I said OK, I'll give your office one more chance because your care was decent and you apologized. We'll see you Saturday for a follow-up appointment. I am curious to see if any of "M's" behavior has changed and in the meantime am researching back up Doctors just incase this happens again. No parent should be put thru the ringer because of a rude receptionist. The Dr. is decent, calm and knowledgable from what I can see and what I've heard. But good luck getting past the guard dog. If she continues to be unprofessional, I have no problem filing a grievance with our Health Insurance Company and the State Health Board. FYI: Buyer Beware.

Parent of young patient

Dr. Doberne is truly one of the nicest and most caring doctors my daughter (who has type 1 diabetes) has ever gone to. I wish I could rate bed side manner higher than excellent because his is. I never feel that I am bothering him if we have extra questions or need to call about a problem (as I have with other doctors). He follows up on visits with personal phone calls, and is not only patient and kind but is an excellent health care professional as well.

My teenaged son saw Dr. Doberne for evaluation of delayed onset of puberty. He was very reassuring of both of us and helped us balance the pros and cons of active treatment vs watchful waiting.We liked him so much he is now my son's regular Dr.

Dr. Doberne has been seeing both of my children since they were infants. He diagnosed my youngest with a rare genetic disorder and has provided her with excellent treatment, even going to bat for her with the insurance company when needed.

Dr. Yale I Doberne is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Simi Valley, CA.

Dr. Yale I Doberne Is this you?