Dr. Yana Shamaev Berk Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Yana Shamaev Berk?

Excellent Doctor, Excellent Diagnostician!

Posted on September 28th, 2017

Dr. Berk is an excellent doctor and an excellent diagnostician. She is extremely knowledgeable and she tells it like it is! She never sends patients for unnecessary tests and if you are ever hospitalized, she is the BEST advocate you could ever have. SHE comes every day, not an assistant or someone you've never met before, she makes sure the nurses are doing their jobs and she CARES! I first met her in the ER of North Shore Hospital, straight from an MRI with a spinal cord compression. NO ONE could figure out why and my body was starting to go numb. She came in, started me on a steroid IV and some of my feeling returned in minutes. It was Divine Intervention. She put many crazy puzzle pieces together and was able to diagnose me, correctly, with a super rare form of sarcoidosis. That was March of 2011. I am not a paraplegic today and I am alive because of her! I see her for follow ups quite often because of the meds that I will have to be on for the rest of my life. She closely monitors me. She has even given me her personal cell for emergencies. I trust her so much that if I do go to another doctor, say a dermatologist, I always ask her about the medicine they prescribe me, just to make sure that she agrees. Two of my adult children now see her, as well as my husband. Highly recommend her!

Amazingly Fast Diagnostician

Posted on September 28th, 2017

I went to see Dr Berk regarding some facial sores that appeared to be bug bites that wouldn't go away. In seconds she had diagnosed them as Shingles. he enquired if I"d ever had Chicken Pox, which I didn't believe I had. She ran bloodwork to confirm that I had previously had Chicken Pox and prescribed an oral medication which cleared up the shingles in about a week or so.

Very Bad Dog tor

Posted on February 25th, 2017

She never cares of the patient. Some reason I have requested a letter but she never issued one. She never was regular in her office. So many days I have returned from her office. I ran out medicine. So many I have called her she never answered. My pharmacy called her so many times but she never answered. She never care about the patient. DO NOT GO TO HER. Her attitude is so bad.

Never Again

Posted on August 27th, 2015

Dr. Berk can be a good listener and courteous to gain trust on your first visit. However when you begin relying on her, she becomes irresponsive and inattentive, as if your visit means nothing more than the transaction between your insurance company and her bank account. At one point she allowed herself a very hurtful remark about my weight. After consulting with another doctor, the dosage of the medicine prescribed by Dr Berk may have caused serious health complications. I will not consider Dr Berk for medical services ever again.

Caring and understanding

Posted on April 22nd, 2013

Dr. Berk is a very compassionate doctor. It's very hard to find a dr these days that actually listens to your concerns and needs. She goes above and beyond to help you in any way possible. I recommend her to anyone that is looking for quality healthcare. Thanks dr Berk your a life savior!!

Amazing doc

Posted on April 17th, 2013

If you want a direct communication where you feel like you are the only person that a doctor is focusing on during your appointment, Dr. Berk is for you. Add to that excellence in diagnosis, accessibility and communication. I take my entire family to Dr. Berk, and would never think of switching. In fact, I choose my health care providers specifically so that I can maintain my families' relationship with this practice.

Posted on April 16th, 2013

Dr. Berk is an incredible doctor.. She is attentive, very detail oriented, it was my first visit and she took the time to learn about me and she thourouhly explained everything she was doing. I would highly recommend Dr. Berk

compassionate

Posted on April 16th, 2013

this doctor is courteous, compassionate, really listens and pays attention to details. great diagnostitian...highly recommend.

Bad Experience

Posted on March 10th, 2013

Would prefer a doctor with some bedside manners!!!!

Posted on December 6th, 2011

I find Dr. Berk to be a professional who is easy to talk to about any topic. She is an excellent diagnostician, and has demonstrated extreme understanding during some difficult times.

Posted on September 29th, 2017