More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Yana J Tavyev
Dr. Yana J Tavyev, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Los Angeles, CA. She has 15 years of experience. Her specialties include Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology and Pediatrics. Dr. Tavyev is affiliated with California Hospital Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Yana J Tavyev has the following 2 specialties
- Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Yana J Tavyev has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Yana J Tavyev is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
I went to See Dr. Tavyev today with my daughter. We had waited 2 months for our appointment. We arrived 15 minutes early for our appointment. We were not seen for nearly one hour after the appointed time. Dr. Tavyev was condescending with how she spoke to us, and when we expressed to her that we felt as if she was not listening to us she stated that we should feel free to go somewhere else, as if that is easy with insurance and referrals and all. My daughter began to cry and Dr. Tavyev actually laughed as she cried, such a haughty person. I finally stopped talking to her as it seemed pointless, she had already made up her mind not to help and nothing we could have said or done could change it. She should not be in practice at a quality franchise such as Cedar Sinai group. Very disappointed. We had read bad reviews about this Dr. last night before the appointment, but hoped they were not true, unfortunately they were. We contacted management after the appointment and explained the situation, they were apologetic and are working with us to get another Dr. who might actually listen to the patient this time instead. DO NOT waste you money or time going to see this pompous woman, she is worth neither!
I have scheduled appointment with Dr. Jane Tavyev one month in advance. On the day of the appointment there was a traffic accident and it took me 2 hours to get to the office. I have called 30 minutes before the appointment time to let the staff know that we were running late (45-50 minutes). I also suggested that I would be happy to see any other doctor if required. I was told that doctor Tavyev cannot see me if I come late, but she would be able to see me at 3PM. After miserable 4 hours in the waiting room I was told by the girl at the front that because of the âprevious arrangementsâ doctor will not see me at 3PM but maybe will be able to see at 4:30PM. Just imagine staying in the hospital with the child who shows autistic behavior without a change of cloth and proper food. I told them that I cannot wait any longer. I asked them why did they tell me to wait till 3PM and later till 4:30PM if doctor was not sure if she could see me? It is amazing how many future doctors brag about volunteering in the hospitals or feeding poor homeless. Whatâs happened to all these amazingly kind people later? How could they make a two year old sit in the office for 4 hours? Why did not I get at least one âsorryâ from the Dr. Tavyev staff? I was told that if I donât wait till 4:30PM, I could reschedule app-t and I could see doctor in 1 month (they are completely booked). I got upset and asked the receptionist to let the doctor know that I would publish the story about how kind and understanding the Doctor Tavyev was. I left. In 5 minutes I got a call saying that Doctor Tavjev just found an opening for my son the next day. Really? Would you trust the doctor like that? I would not.
Dr. Tavyev is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
15 Years Experience
Baylor College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Yana J Tavyev accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCedars-Sinai Medical Center, 8700 Beverly Blvd, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. Yana J Tavyev is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.