Get the facts about clinical depression, including the symptoms and related depressive disorders.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Yana M Van Arsdale has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Addiction Medicine
An addiction medicine specialist is a doctor who treats patients with addictions to substances like drugs and alcohol or, in some cases, behaviors like gambling. Many of these specialists also treat the diseases that stem from these addictions.
These physicians are specially trained to prevent and treat the disease of addiction via psychiatric means, or other fields of medicine like family or internal medicine.
- Sleep Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Showing 5 of 19
Van Arsdale can't keep appointments straight she has no staff and is constantly messing up appointments and scheduling 2-4 patients at a time. Wait times are often well over 1 hour for a scheduled appointment. Not isolated either. I asked other patients and this is always the case. Very difficult to schedule appointments only to wait for three other people to be seen ahead of you. Waste. Of. Time. Seriously, trust your mental health to someone who respects you enough to not waste your time EVERY TIME.
Dr Van Arsdale is not for everyone but no Dr is. One has to find a perfect match when seeking a mental health professional. One size does not fit all. It is an intimate relationship like any other. Cost is an issue for everyone even the well off but acting surprised and put upon when a professional expects prompt payment is ridiculous and insulting. Dr Van Arsdale helped me to see that life is good and worth living. My family and I will be forever grateful to her.
If you want someone who won't mess around, who will definitely give it to you straight, she might be for you. If you don't have a schedule you need to adhere to, and you're willing to wait up to 20 minutes after your appointment time to be seen, and you're okay with the appointment running long, she might be for you. However, this woman can be very stubborn and very difficult in certain aspects. She's not flexible, she is not understanding of certain circumstances, she adheres to her own rules and guidelines strictly. She seems competent medically but after 3 visits, a SNAFU with the insurance, and her refusal to refill my medication that is running out, I won't be seeing her again.
Dr. Yana M Van Arsdale accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsYana Michelle Van Arsdale Md, 5276 Hollister Ave Ste 307, Santa Barbara, CA
Dr. Yana M Van Arsdale is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Santa Barbara, CA.