Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Yang Mao-Draayer has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Yang Mao-Draayer has the following 9 expertise
- Migraine Disorder
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Nerve Conduction Studies
Dr. Yang Mao-Draayer is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
She is knowledgeable about MS, however she doesn't listen to you (the person who is actually fighting the disease). She's not very compassionate ; made a rude statement about the fatigue I was dealing with and how it's not Different from her fatigue of working. I understand that everyone experiences some type of fatigue, however the fatigue that comes with a progressive auto immune of the central nervous system isn't the same as her not having a cup of coffee. My overall experience was very poor with her and u of m.
The neurologists at UofM are very smart. This doctor is friendly, gentle, listens and will order tests for you if you want them. She knows about the drugs in the pipeline and is optimistic. I like that she reads MRI directly and doesn't just rely on radiologist opinion. To me, that means she knows what she is doing. She keeps good records. She operates on time--you don't have to wait and wait. She is not a touchy feeley doctor, which is different from my other MS doctors. She doesn't do very thorough exam, though I seemed to be doing fine, so maybe she didn't think it necessary. She sits with her back to you and enters your info into the computer. After about ten minutes, you feel like your time is up. So if you want your doctor to just order tests, prescribe medicine, and get it done with, she is great. If you want your doc to give you lots of attention, you may not like her.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Fletcher Allen Healthcare
Dr. Yang Mao-Draayer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Of Michigan Health System, 1500 E Medical Center Dr, Ann Arbor, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Yang Mao-Draayer in this video.
Dr. Yang Mao-Draayer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ann Arbor, MI.