Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John Y Zhao has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
Dr. John Y Zhao has the following 15 expertise
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Bone Marrow and Lymphatic Tissue Cancer (Hematologic Neoplasm)
- Urologic Emergencies
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Bladder Issues
- Kidney Stones
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Prostate Cancer
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Gene Therapy
Dr. John Y Zhao is Board Certified in 1 specialty
Showing 5 of 28
I had kidney stones and was told I needed to have them blasted by laser and stents were needed, I had 2 stents put in and a week later I went in to have them removed. After 2 months of great pain and several calls to the office, I was admitted into the hospital by a different doctor when they found out he had only removed 1 of the 2 stents... I then had to have a separate surgery to remove the stent and the scar tissue it caused. I DO NOT recommend him as a physician!
I asked for some paperwork showing I'd been at his office the day of my consult and received a form detailing my Review of Systems, Constitutional and Genitourinary Exams, and Treatment Plan. Problem? 1)There were at least five errors in the ROS as to my symptoms. 2)There was a data value for my pulse, when NONE was ever taken. 3)Data was reported that indicated the doctor had listened to my heart, palpatated my abdomen, and palpated my vagina....NONE of which was ever done. Most egregious were notes written in my Care Plan, which included false information that I had been advised as to changing my liquid intake and diet, as well as possible complications regarding an upcoming procedure. I was advised of neither. Additionally, Dr. Zhao wrote "I had an extensive counseling session with the patient concerning diagnosis and treatment options." There was NO COUNSELING OF ANY SORT, in fact, the amount of face time spent with me would fall short of any management of care standard associated with the CPT code for a minimal consult. If my insurance is charged for anything more than a "straight forward problem" visit, I will be happy to let them know. Maybe the doctor was in a rush, couldn't accomplish all that he wanted to in the visit, but my documented consult should not have included services that were never performed. Guess what? Sometimes patients actually know better.
35 Years Experience
Suzhou Medical College
Graduated in 1983
Akron General Medical Center
Dr. John Y Zhao accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- SummaCare Select Fully Insured
The Health Plan of Upper OH
- Health Plan of Upper Ohio PPO
Locations & DirectionsPhysicians Urology, 3963 Loomis Pkwy, Ravenna, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John Y Zhao in this video.
Dr. John Y Zhao is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ravenna, OH.