Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Yaniv Chen MD
Dr. Yaniv Chen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Stratford, CT. His specialties include Neurology and Psychiatry. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Yaniv Chen has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Yaniv Chen has the following 15 expertise
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Migraine Disorder
Showing 4 of 4
Self-verified patient of Dr. Yaniv Chen - Posted on December 25th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Yaniv Chen - Posted on March 20th, 2018
Had been dealing with epilepsy all my life, that had been poorly controlled. Since finding Dr. Chen and having my medications adjusted I have become seizure free for the last year! He is a compassionate guy, that listens and shows empathy, while being pragmatic and decisive about diagnosis and treatment.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Yaniv Chen - Posted on September 21st, 2015
found dr chen a little condescending- and felt that he was annoyed while i accompied my son during his initial visit- even tho he is young and sends message that you cannot have dialog with him (hoping that will dissipate in time) i will for the sake of my son give him another chance if needed otherwise ill b sending my son to another
Self-verified patient of Dr. Yaniv Chen - Posted on July 31st, 2013
Dr. Chen is a great guy. Being a young doc, he is highly knowledgeable and updated about neurological conditions. I had severe migraines for years, and he switched around a number of medications which resulted in complete remission of my migraines. I am so much more functional now during the week! Thank you Dr. Chen...
Dr. Yaniv Chen Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNEUROLOGICAL SPECIALISTS PC, 2590 Main St Fl 2, Stratford, CT
Dr. Yaniv Chen is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Stratford, CT.