Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Yashwant S Chaudhri has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Yashwant S Chaudhri has the following 14 expertise
- Personality Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Clinical Depression
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Bipolar Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Yashwant S Chaudhri has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 27
At the Colton office, Dr. Yahwant Chadaudhri advocated alternative ADHD medications from the medication I was successful with for years. I refused all of the psychiatric or antidepressant medications he advocated. My medication has worked well for years and I prefer not go under a medication trial and error regiment again. As a teacher, I must be sharp and able to constantly multi-task. There is no time to waiver, when small children are in your care! Dr. Chadaudhri also advocated his recommend pharmacy that delivers. Unfortunately, after a month of waiting for my medication I insisted on a hand written prescription at my second appointment. However, my pharmacy was unsuccessful for an additional 3 weeks in obtaining a standard authorization from his office. I was in fact without medication for 2 months. As an ADHD patient this may not have grave consequences. On the contrary, I fear for his patients that need medication to keep from suicide or homicide! Thankfully, his front office clerk was compassionate, caring and worked hard to accommodate his patients.
He acted very rude to me and talked down to me. Pretty much called me messed up in the head when all I have is anxiety. I was prescribed something from my doctor that retired for my anxiety and chaudhri refused to help me and he made my anxiety worse. I highly don't recommend this psychiatrist. His assistant was very sweet though chaudhri was very rude and a nightmare
37 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Dr. Yashwant S Chaudhri accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Molina Mrktplace CA
Locations & DirectionsYashwant Chaudhri Md Corp, 4537 College Ave, San Diego, CA
Dr. Yashwant S Chaudhri is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.