Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Yasmeen Ahmad
Dr. Yasmeen Ahmad, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Wyoming, MI, with another office in Oklahoma City, OK. She has 40 years of experience. Her specialties include Child Neurology and Neurology. Dr. Ahmad is affiliated with Metro Health Hospital, Saint Joseph Mercy Hospital and Crittenton Hospital Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Yasmeen Ahmad has the following 2 specialties
- Child Neurology
Pediatric neurologists diagnose neurological conditions in children as young as newborn, all the way up to adolescence. They can recommend treatment for sleep disorders, head injuries and headaches, but they also specialize in issues such as epilepsy, seizures and brain tumors.
Their expertise in childhood development and the nervous system make them an excellent resource for parents of children with autism, cerebral palsy, mental development issues or learning disabilities. You can consult with a pediatric neurologist before, during and after diagnosis depending on your child's specific condition and needs.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Dr. Ahmad is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Saint Joseph Mercy Hospital
Crittenton Hospital Medical Center
Doctors Hospital of Michigan
Saint Joseph Mercy Livingston Hospital
Harper University Hospital
St. Joseph Mercy Oakland
Detroit Receiving Hospital & University Health Center
Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
Children's Hospital of Michigan
DMC - Sinai-Grace Hospital
Oakland Physicians Medical Center
40 Years Experience
Dow Medical College
Graduated in 1974
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Dr. Yasmeen Ahmad accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Yasmeen Ahmad in this video.
Dr. Yasmeen Ahmad is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wyoming, MI.