Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Yasmin Pirzada
Dr. Yasmin Pirzada, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Plymouth, MI. She has 33 years of experience. Her specialties include Infectious Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Pirzada is affiliated with Flower Hospital, Oakwood Annapolis Hospital and Oakwood Hospital and Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Yasmin Pirzada has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Yasmin Pirzada has the following 3 expertise
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- HIV Infections
- Hepatitis C
Dr. Yasmin Pirzada has 0 board certified specialties
Dr. Pirzada is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Oakwood Annapolis Hospital
Oakwood Hospital and Medical Center
Garden City Hospital
St. Mary Mercy Livonia
Oakwood Southshore Medical Center
St Anne Mercy Hospital
DMC - Sinai-Grace Hospital
St. Mary Mercy Hospital
Providence Hospital and Medical Center
Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital
33 Years Experience
Acharya Shri Chander College Of Medical Sciences
Graduated in 1980
University Medical Center At Medical Uni
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsMetro Infectious Disease, 15474 N Haggerty Rd, Plymouth, MI
Dr. Yasmin Pirzada is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Plymouth, MI.