Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Yawer M Nensey has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Yawer M Nensey has the following 12 expertise
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Abdominal Pain
- Hepatitis C
Dr. Yawer M Nensey is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
We couldn't be more Blessed while treating my my son. He and office staff, specially Susan, were amazing!!! So kind, so caring. God Bless them!!!!! My son is cured and we are grateful!!!!!
I went to see Dr. Nensey for a routine colonoscopy and to follow up on some GI issues. He was wonderful with his manner and addressing all of my issues. He actually seemed to care and spend time with me. For one of my visits I had to bring my young child with me. I was worried but this was not a problem for the office at all. I highly recommend.
Dr. Nensey could not make my initial appointment, so I met with the nurse practitioner who was fine. When I went to have my colonoscopy, I waited 45 minutes past my appointment time before asking how much longer it might be. I was summarily dismissed with, "They must be running behind." When I pressed the issue, I was quickly taken back and prepped.When I was wheeled into the operating room, Dr. Nensey never introduced himself or said a single word to me. When I asked the nurse if he was going to say hello to my front side before he said hello to my backside, I was told he was dictating. He was sitting right in the corner and never said one word to me despite my asking.I have NEVER had an invasive procedure done without so much as an introduction from the attending physician. Doctors like this are the reason I so rarely seek medical treatment.To add insult to injury, Kevin the nurse anesthetist at New Tampa Surgery Center (which Dr. Nensey owns), was just as bad. Without a single word, he administered the anesthesia. When I said, "That really burns!" he said, "Uh-huh." Next thing I knew I was in recovery.Unless something catastrophic happens, I will not seek medical treatment again for a VERY long time because of this experience.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2013, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Henry Ford Health System
Dr. Yawer M Nensey accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Humana Tampa Bay CoreNet
- Humana Tampa Bay HUMx HMOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsFl Gastroenterology Associates, 508 N Alexander St, Plant City, FL
Dr. Yawer M Nensey is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Plant City, FL.