Dr. Yee-Ru Chen Is this you?

2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Yee-Ru Chen?

Do not see this dr.

Posted on September 5th, 2015

Brusque, condescending and rushed. Argued against a referral for physical therapy but insisted I see a psychiatrist for eval for bipolar disorder due to intermittent stress and insomnia after speaking to me for less than 5 minutes. I now have to go back to my old primary doc on the other side of Houston to get this recommendation reviewed. I don't know what the implications of not following a referral for a psychiatric disorder are but I do know that even the mention of it and people, including Dr Chen, treat you as if you are less credible and have less license to act on your own behalf. A referral for a psychiatric disorder should be treated with greater gravity, and all patients with more respect.

Terrible, not going back!

Posted on October 6th, 2014

The reviews about this doctor not caring about her patients are true. First of all, her nurse was VERY rude, and didn't even respond to a question I had. When I chuckled at her audacity and asked the question again, she got very belligerent and gave me a non-answer. Then doctor Chen walked into the office like she was in a hurry, didn't introduce herself to me (we were there for my husband) or even look at me for that matter. When she talked to my husband, she stared down her nose at him almost like she didn't like him, and her responses to his questions were rude and aggressive. We both left there asking ourselves why she would treat us that way. Did we do something to upset her? I don't know, maybe she's just an angry person, but we will NEVER go back. And I'm going to leave a review like this on as many sites as I can to get the word out.

Posted on August 1st, 2013

Dr. Chen was rude and short with me during my office visit. I was having stomach problems and she diagnosed me by an old colonoscopy I had five years ago. She would not even make an attempt to do blood work to see if I had a more serious condition.

Awesome doctor!

Posted on July 18th, 2012

As a first timer having to find a doctor I was very pleased with selecting Dr. Chen. She was kind, but direct - exactly what I was looking for!

Posted on February 1st, 2010

As a new patient Dr. Chen made sure she knew as much of my medical history from my file as she could before seeing me and it kept me from having to repeat all my medical history thus saving time spent in office.

moves through patients

Posted on October 13th, 2009

I have been going to this doctor for about 2 years for miscelaneous things. She is not good with informing you on what is going on with your body. She does not take the time to learn about her patient. She is quick to medicate instead of finding the problem. But the clincher was, I have been a mild asthmatic for over 15 years now. I don't need a daily inhailer, but do rely on albuteral to save my life when an attack hits. I just ran out of the last of mine from almost 2 years ago and needed a refill. 1 week after the request, the pharmacy, not even the doctor, calls me to tell me that it was denied. I called the doctor's office and she needs me to pay her for another visit in order to get my refill. If I have to schedule an appointment after weezing for a week, it's with a doctor that cares about me being able to breath, not this one.

Posted on September 1st, 2016