Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Yee Y Thein has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Personality Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Showing 5 of 35
I've been a patient for 9 months and haven't been happier. She's definitely one to see if you are serious about getting better, want to hear the facts and see a Dr who runs on time. She knows if you're there just to seek a drug prescription, don't go in asking for Xanax if you want real help. If you need to ramble on about your problems just to have someone half listen, nod their head and agree then go elsewhere. Dr Thein takes her job & patients very seriously. Remember MD psychiatrists are not counselors /therapists, some people need to see both.
I prefer Dr. Thein to be professional, and anyone should expect it on their very first visit, I mean come on. Yes she goes through a check list and asks you why you are there. That is expected, how else can she build a file on you that is accurate so she can help you to the full potential.She's not all smily and friendly, but she does ask questions, answers your questions good and accurately, and will take the time to explain how a medicine works in your body, and will ask you how you feel about increase/decrease meds and make you comfortable with your choices.There is nothing wrong with her telling you what you can do to make your quality of life better. Sometimes the truth hurts, noone wants to feel bad about themselves, but that is why we went to see a Psychiatrist, because something is wrong. I like her.
28 Years Experience
Institute Of Medicine Mandalay
Graduated in 1990
University Of Texas Health System
Dr. Yee Y Thein accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDenton Psychiatry Clinic, 860 Hebron Pkwy Ste 204, Lewisville, TX
Dr. Yee Y Thein is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lewisville, TX.