Dr. Yelena Lapidus Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Yelena Lapidus?

Personalized Medical Care

Posted on July 15th, 2017

I’ve have been a patient of Dr. Yelena Lapidus for the last nine months. Today, I was invited to a presentation at the Avila Beach Athletic Club related to her transition from her current stellar practice to that of a “Concierge” service where each member of the Lapidus Clinic will be given individualized quality medical care. All one has to do is read the reviews submitted by her current patients who rave about her methods. Diagnosis is her forte and she is a genuine medical detective who will do the necessary research to remedy your health issue. Prior to my arrival to SLO County, it took me 3 months to find a primary care physician in the community I lived in. I called his office to get an appointment because of excruciating pain from a leg infection. I was told that the soonest I could see him was in a month. I told the employee that I had so much pain that I could barely walk but she said there was nothing she could do. However, an hour later, she called and told me that I could go to my pharmacy and pick up a 100 tablets of Hydrocodone for my pain. Consider your usual visit with a primary care physician. Each patient is allotted 12 minutes. You have to endure a long wait in the reception area before you’re escorted into a small room where an assistant takes your vitals and then leaves. You then have another 15-20 minute wait. When the doctor finally arrives, your chart is checked, a stethoscope is used to check your heart and lungs, you’re asked what the problem is, then a pad is taken out and a prescription is written. There is no explanation about the side effects of taking the prescription. There are 21,000 prescriptions and more are added each day. Keep in mind that medical errors are now the third leading cause of death in the U.S.. Contrast this experience with a typical session with Dr. Lapidus. First, there are no long waits in the reception area. An assistant takes you to a comfortable room where your vitals are taken. Then you’re escorted into the bright and cheerful office of Dr. Lapidus. All of your pertinent test results are loaded into her computer ready for evaluation. She then shares the data with the patient and recommends an action plan that is beyond simply writing out a prescription. You will be impressed by her holistic methods to improve your health. An example of this was when an assistant swabbed the inside of both my cheeks for a DNA test. When the results returned, an appointment was scheduled to share the information and provide me with medication appropriate for my individual genetic makeup. No more trial and error. When you join the Lapidus Clinic, you can be rest assured that she will provide you with individualized medical care that will not only provide appropriate prescriptions but will include a recommended diet, supplements, and an exercise regimen that is tailored to your needs.

Deborah Brown

Posted on May 26th, 2017

Dr Lapidus is the most caring Doctor I've ever seen. She really listens and gets to the bottom of our issues. I would and have, recommended her to friends and family. She spends as much time as needed with each patient.

Great Doctor

Posted on September 3rd, 2016

Professional, progressive, kind, and very intelligent!

Great Doctor

Posted on August 11th, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Lapidus for a number of years now. I won't change to another doctor unless forced.

Excelent - Best doctor I've ever had - in 50+years

Posted on June 10th, 2016

Incredible doctor - none other like her - When did you ever look forward to a doctor visit? She's thorough - gives you enough time during appointment to cover everything. Very caring, compassionate Dr.

Highly recommend her as an alternative to getting medicated

Posted on February 1st, 2016

Yelena is an awesome preventative medicine Dr. She tries to help you live healthier and will recommend supplements, diet and lifestyle changes before she just prescribes you some type of medicine.

Commedy of Errors

Posted on September 28th, 2011

I originally thought I had found a good doctor however, due to her change of office and staff, I find her to no longer be caring and seems to be frustrated in general. Her assistant is absolutely incompetent and has not done anything the doctor asked her to do on my behalf ( order tests/ fax orders) and then lies about it when I would call and ask her what is going on. Obviously she lies to the doctor too. The doctor is intelligent yet delegates important tasks and calls to inept staff. Recently had a real medical scare that had me on pins and needs for 12 days. The wait was prolonged due to lack of communication by doctor and inept staff. When I brought up the problems to the doc. she didn't have the courtesy to even listen to my concerns, she cut me off and said if you don't have confidence in my staff, you should find a new doctor. That is exactly what I am doing. In summary, she is fine for basic cold/ flu care however if you ever have a life threatening problem, RUN as fast as you can out of that office and be your own advocate. They have no sense of urgency.

Need more doctors like her!

Posted on July 6th, 2011

Now i understand why people's main complaint is trying to get an appointment or next day visit! What an incredible doctor/person!Getting through the door is tough but I can't be happier. After talking with me for 10 minutes she was confident about what I was lacking. She did some tests, took some blood and sent it off for testing. When I came for my follow up I was shocked, its pretty easy to not stay in shape...She found a problem that required surgery and found a specialist for me that day. I was a little skeptical about the blood tests, she recommended some supplements based on the results, and now I'm feeling like a whole new person.A great doctor is tough to get an appointment with, everybody wants to see them. If you get an appointment to see her, you won't be disappointed!

Very Caring, professional doctor

Posted on October 26th, 2010

Dr. Lapidus goes out of her way to diagnose a medical problem and is always willing to refer you when needed. She gets back to you when you have important questions about your health or medication.

she is the best

Posted on June 11th, 2009

she is simply the best

Doctor's Response

Thank you. Me and my team are very proud to serve such a wonderful community!

Posted on April 19th, 2017