Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Yi-Zarn L Wang has the following 2 specialties
- Surgical Oncology
Surgical oncologists play various roles in treating cancer. They can perform biopsies to determine if a tumor is cancerous or not. If it is, they’re trained to remove the tumor, tissue, and in some cases, all or part of an organ or bodily structure where the cancer has spread. In addition to removing cancer, they can perform any reconstructive surgeries that may be necessary.
Many surgical oncologists specialize in certain types of cancer, such as liver, lung or breast. Don’t be afraid to ask them what they have the most experience treating. When looking for a doctor, it’s important to know that general surgeons are also qualified to perform many of the same surgeries. However, surgical oncologists have specific training in recognizing and treating cancer, which some patients prefer.
- Neuroendocrine Tumors
Showing 5 of 15
Dr wang is one of the most conscientious physicians I have been treated by. Two years ago I was referred to Dr. Wang because there were no surgeons in my area that were brave enough to attempt my surgeon for removal of a 7cm tumor at the head of the pancreas. After 10 & 1/2 hrs of grueling surgery in 2014 & another in 2015, I am honored to call him my doctor and forever grateful for his perseverance in my care, because I would not be here today if not for him. God bless dr Yi Zarn Wang!!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Wang is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
Oregon Health & Science University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Dr. Yi-Zarn L Wang accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsOchsner Health Center, 200 W Esplanade Ave Ste 200, Kenner, LA
Dr. Yi-Zarn L Wang is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Kenner, LA.