Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Yi Yan Y Hong has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Back Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 111
Very RUDE! Screamed at & fired an office worker my 1st visit. The girl left in tears.The staff that is left is terrified of him. Another time, he told signed in patients to leave and come back in 40 minutes. He leaves you sitting alone in the office reading a ton of info that he should be discussing with you while he runs between other offices for hrs. Demands only Yes or No answers. Say more, he tells you"Stop talking,Yes No only". Also, he never makes eye contact with you. He looks everywhere but at your face (Asperger Syndrome???) He stated he wanted all my doctors to call him. I offered to leave all contact information with reception. He stated "No,you need to tell them to call me".In 5 visits I got treated 1x with injections I didn't want but was given no choice. After speaking to other patients this is the norm There is something seriously wrong with him. I'm never going back.
I am a middle aged man. I am offering up a personal opinion of this man. After being a patient of his. BTW - We can voice our opinions..... We have protection under Our Constitution. You just Have No Rights in his office. This is the WORSE Doctor Ever! Totally unprofessional! He YELLS at staff and PATIENTS! Patients looking for Help! This is AMERICA .....We have Rights..... No human being ( patient or office staff ) should have to endure this man's disrespect towards EVERYONE! Someone said "Maybe it's a Cultural Thing". Highly Unlikely, as I read he's been practicing in America for Years, I feel he has the commonly referred to "Napolean Complex". If you're reading positive ratings on this Doctor..... I can't believe they were written by actual patients.. Sad that this man is allowed to behave in such an UNPROFESSIONAL FASHION, There are Compassionate, Caring PROFESSIONALS Doctors Who will be more than happy to treat you with Respect! I don't believe this man ever heard of the HIPPOCRATIC OATH. "Do No Harm" What a Joke! Run!
Dr. Hong is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Maimonides Medical Center
Dr. Yi Yan Y Hong accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHong Cares, 321 Main St Ste 5J, Johnstown, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Yi Yan Y Hong in this video.
Dr. Yi Yan Y Hong is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Johnstown, PA.