Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ying M Zhang has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Personality Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 30
I've been seeing Dr. Zhang for a while now, and I couldn't ask for a better doctor. She truly cares about her patients. She's willing to work with you on what medication and dosage work best for you, she takes the time to genuinely connect with you and understands and sympathize with what you are going through. I had severe postpartum depression, and she immediately helped me calm down and set me up with the right treatment to help me as quickly as possible. She does often run late, so plan accordingly, but I feel like it's because she gives each patient the amount of time they need. Her staff is always friendly and smiling. I always leave smiling. I would highly recommend her!
Dr Zhang is a nice woman but she is almost always running behind schedule. One time, I waited 45 minutes past my scheduled appointment time to see her. It messed up my whole day. She is a smart woman but sometimes she makes me feel like I'm a lot worse of a case than I actually am. It gives off a vibe that she's pitying me. I think she means well, but I do not care for her style of therapy.
Dr. Zhang is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Ying M Zhang accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAtlanta Psychotherapy Assocs, 2801 Buford Hwy NE Ste 501, Brookhaven, GA
Dr. Ying M Zhang is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brookhaven, GA.