Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Yolanda R Helfrich has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Yolanda R Helfrich has the following 13 expertise
- Actinic Keratosis
- Acne Rosacea
- Basal Cell
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Biopsy
- Skin Cancer
Dr. Yolanda R Helfrich has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 5
Dr.Helfrich and her staff at UofM are beyond great. I always make my appointments in advance so appointments are easy and never a long wait once I get there. Dr Helfrich, and everyone working with her, are always beyond great and super helpful with anythng I need during or after my appointment. UofM sets the bar with how courteous and helpful all Drs should be!
She spent very little time with me. I was in severe pain, and I'm someone who has a very high pain tolerance. I had weird rashes, bruises, telangiectasias (cherry spots), swelling and redness behind my knees... She said my skin was "minimally" red behind my knees and that the rashes were of unknown type. That was it. No attempt to find out what the problem was or help. I now have sclerosis of the soft tissue through my limbs and waist. I cannot expand my chest to take a good breath, leaving me panting after a few steps. A simple biopsy would've discovered that my skin was thickening. I had cartilage destruction in my neck. Again, a simple biopsy to discover the cause of pain. Now my nose is deformed from cartilage destruction. Steroids would've halted both problems at that point. Now I have permanent deformities. Seemed to discriminate against me. Don't waste your time. She'll let you suffer.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Helfrich is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
17 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Yolanda R Helfrich accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Of Michigan Health System, 1500 E Medical Center Dr, Ann Arbor, MI
Dr. Yolanda R Helfrich is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ann Arbor, MI.