More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Yolandra G Toya has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
Showing 5 of 10
I have taken my child to After Hours Pediatrics a couple of times over the years for illnesses when I want her to be seen after hours. So on a recent visit they had the earliest opening compared to my regular pediatrician so I took my child there. The front office staff was extremely kind and professional. The same was true for the nurse. She was attentive, professional, and caring. Then we met Dr. Toya. I have never in my life been so appalled by such a rude, aggressive, and hateful healthcare provider. Even my young child, who is still of the age of pure innocence, turned to me as we left and asked not to be brought back there again and said "she was too...something. I don't think she liked us". I do not have any clue as to why she took an immediate and obvious dislike to us and it was very apparent she was having a bad day, but I brought my child there for treatment; which she at least recieved that, but there was no call for the rude, unprofessional behavior, and the condescending delivery of her advise. I will never again use After Hours and I am advising all of my friends and colleagues with children about the incident and this particular doctor.
12 Years Experience
University Of New Mexico School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2006
University of New Mexico
Dr. Yolandra G Toya accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS New Mexico
- BCBS NM PPO NM
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAfter Hours Pediatrics, 9210 Golf Course Rd NW, Albuquerque, NM
Dr. Yolandra G Toya is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Albuquerque, NM.