Dr. Yong Shin Is this you?

2.5

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Yong Shin?

Shame on her!

Posted on February 3rd, 2017

Time...to move on.

Posted on September 21st, 2016

My appointments and appointment times seem arbitrary to the practice as I have sat for an hour minimum up to 2 hours and 40 minutes for a 10 minute check in. Never an apology or courtesy call to communicate that appointment times are running late.....so prepare to sit. At one point I was entering the parking lot for my 6pm appointment at 5:55pm and was almost in an accident with Dr. Shin as she was driving out. That night I sat for 95 minutes and was too angry to confront her.

Dismissed for no reason

Posted on September 7th, 2016

I was given notice at my regular appointment that the dr could no longer provide treatment for me. I have 30 days to find another provider, if anyone has ever tried to find a Psychatrist 30 days just doesn't seem like enough. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME HERE!

Great doctor, Horrible practice and front staff

Posted on July 15th, 2015

I have been visiting this office for over a year now on a regular basis. Dr. Shin herself is fantastic, which is why I have continued with the practice. However, the practice itself is beyond terrible. Most recently, I missed an appointment (I have a chronic medical condition as well, and between this and two sick children, I mixed up my dates). When I called and rescheduled I asked if one of my prescriptions that would run out before the next appointment could be filled until that appointment. After calling the office three times, and being told they would call back, which never happened, I was finally told that they would not fill my script without the Doctor seeing me first. While I understand this, I expressed concern as the medication could have serious withdraw effects when discontinued suddenly. I asked the staff member what I should do about these withdraw symptoms since I would not have a script and they did not have any appointments except during my work hours in the meantime. I was told by the very inconsiderate office staff, Michelle, "Well, you better keep those appointments then!" in a condescending tone, and when prompted further "I guess you should just call your PCP and see if THEY are willing to prescribe it in the meantime". I ended up taking an appointment the next day, causing me to lose hours at work, which I can not afford. However, the alternative of withdraw seems worse, and requesting it from my PCP who has never seen me for this condition seems unethical. It is entirely unacceptable that a medical provider would allow a patient to suffer serious side effects. It is even more unacceptable that the office staff treated me with such disrespect, even as an established patient. This does not even begin to touch on other issues, such as waiting more than an hour past my appointment times, or being told by staff to "don't even bother showing up on time because she won't be ready to see you then". As a practice that deals with a very specialized type of medicine, this is unethical and unacceptable. After this visit, I will regrettably be seeking a new provider, not due to the doctor, but due to the staff's rude and unethical treatment.

Ridiculous joke

Posted on June 25th, 2015

Part of my pre bariatric surgery program. A complete joke! Waited 1 hour and 45 minutes for a 10 minute conversation then billed $300. Said they would call with a follow up 6 weeks later and still no call. I called again and said once again they would get back to me, 2 weeks later and still no call. My wife has had a similar horrible experience. Made an appointment at gateway. Run away...... FAST! I wish I could mark off 0 stars 'cause that's what this office is a big fat zero.

AWFUL DOCTOR

Posted on May 2nd, 2014

This doctor is extremely unethical, horrible, and does not seem to have any compassion or care for her patients. I admitted my boyfriend to the ER who was then sent to the pysch ward for 4 days. She was contacted by the hospital. Never did she check up on him, he actually missed his appointment he had scheduled with Dr. Shin (because he was in the pysch ward), and she sent him a bill for a no show. After he got out he called to immediately see her and he was told she would be available in a month and a half to see him. This office is absolutely the worse practice I have ever heard of ever. She should have never been able to practice and NO ONE should see this doctor unless they want basically want to pay for no treatment at all.

do not go to this office!!!

Posted on August 2nd, 2012

Unacceptable, in every way possible. Wait time of over an hour past scheduled appointment time. When receptionist was questioned, response was rude and uncaring. I could discuss the dissapointments all day. Beware if considering an appointment at this office.

Posted on April 21st, 2011

I made an appointment with Dr. Shin for medication management. Dr. Shin did not provide any service. I had to go to another doctor, who readily provided the service. Dr. Shin still billed me $125 for no service provided and I had to pay the other doctor also.

Posted on May 18th, 2017