Type 2 Diabetes
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Yong Chung
Dr. Yong Chung, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Santa Ana, CA, with other offices in Garden Grove, CA and Santa Ana, CA . He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Chung is affiliated with Placentia-Linda Hospital, Coastal Communities Hospital and Garden Grove Hospital and Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Yong Chung has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Yong Chung has the following 5 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Dr. Yong Chung is Board Certified in 2 specialties
Showing 4 of 4
My mother went to Dr. Yong Chung at his new Garden Grove office, and received the procedure at the hospital next door. It was the WORST experience we ever had. First, Dr. Chung performed colonoscopy on my mother without anesthesia. During the procedure, she screamed in excruciating pain, but he continued nevertheless. No anesthesia offered. When we complained about it afterwards, he expressed that the patient was "supposed" to request for anesthesia. I argued that the doctor shouldn't leave a professional judgment like this to the patient- he became offended and quickly changed the subject. In reality, he was simply trying to make more money by not giving anesthesia. (He gets a flat fee)Also, we noticed that he left the other patients' medical charts open and unfiled in our examine room. We were able to see all the personal details from those charts, e.g. name, date of birth, SS#, diagnoses, etc. Serious HIPAA (privacy) violation! One more example of his incompetency- he failed to notify the hospital of my mother's appointment prior to the colonoscopy. As a result, when my mother arrived that morning, the hospital couldn't find her records and Dr. Chung didn't know why she was there. It took them more than one hour to add the appointment to the schedule.
Dr. Chung is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Coastal Communities Hospital
Garden Grove Hospital and Medical Center
Fountain Valley Regional Hospital & Medical Center
St. Joseph Hospital - Orange
Anaheim Memorial Medical Center
Western Medical Center - Santa Ana
Chapman Medical Center
Los Alamitos Medical Center
HealthSouth Tustin Rehabilitation Hospital
Saint Joseph Hospital
John Muir Medical Center-Concord Campus
Wmc Santa Ana
41 Years Experience
Chonnam National University
Graduated in 1972
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Yong Chung is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Santa Ana, CA.