Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Young S Kim
Dr. Young S Kim, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Bryn Mawr, PA. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Infectious Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Kim is affiliated with Paoli Hospital, Bryn Mawr Hospital and Bryn Mawr Rehabilitation Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Young S Kim has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Young S Kim has the following 9 expertise
- Infectious Disease
- HIV Infections
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- Hepatitis C
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
Showing 5 of 16
I was admitted to Paoli Hospital a week and a half ago, with stroke like symptoms and cervical spinal symptoms. Neurology believed this to be due to lymes disease in my spinal cord. We asked Infectious Disease be brought into the case and Dr Kim seemed completely annoyed to have been requested. Keep in mind I also had a case if Bell's palsy so the lymes disease idea was one I was hoping for to explain all symptoms. When Dr Kim came in to tell us it was negative in my spinal fluid, he was short, irritated and unable or unwilling to explain himself in a simplistic manner to a patient who had been in pain meds and in a hospital bed for over 4 days. He seemed annoyed I couldn't comprehend, through my meds, he medical speak. The absolute worst bedside manner I have ever experienced. He made us feel foolish to think that it could possibly be lymes disease in Early February. I suppose it may have not occurred to him that people travel to warmer climates during the winter months where deer ticks may still be active. I would never recommend this Dr to anyone. Every other person and professional I dealt with at Paoli hospital was wonderful.
I was admitted to ER Bryn Mawr Hospital in a bad way a month ago. Dr Kim diagnosed my problem (staph aureus in the joints), told me how I acquired the infection, and put me on a course toward recovery. Whether I was in intensive care or in a normal bed, Dr Kim never failed to update me on the status of my disease. He would sometimes come by both morning and evening.This guy is a sweetheart. I trust him implicitly. Highest rating.
Dr. Kim is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
Yale University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Medical College Of Ohio Hospital
Dr. Young S Kim accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
Locations & DirectionsBryn Mawr Medical Specialists Association, 825 Old Lancaster Rd Ste 320, Bryn Mawr, PA
Dr. Young S Kim is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bryn Mawr, PA.