Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Young H Kim has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
This practice has a cadre of excellent pediatricians, each of whom we have seen at least once over the years. Some are old-school authoritative; others are Patch Adams funny. And then, there's Dr. Kim who is totally our pace. He possesses the attributes that are important to us: thoughtful, friendly/approachable, respectful, knowledgeable, compassionate, great bedside manner, not pushy, and cares deeply about his patients. Our son adores and looks up to him, and we can't recommend him highly enough to other families.
Dr. Kim is by far our favorite doctor at FH pediatrics. He's very knowledgeable without being arrogant, and always takes time to answer all of our questions without making us feel rushed. He treats our concerns seriously, and responds well to phone calls. It's not always easy to trust others with your children, but Dr. Kim is someone we do trust.
I just saw Dr. Kim today with my daughter, and LOVED how he spends time with you. He always asks questions, values your thoughts/opinions, and really thinks about your child's issues (if any). He did not rush me out today, and I liked that! He has been "our" doctor at the practice for almost 7 years, but when he is not available, we've seen every other doctor there. He is approachable and genuine
Out of the many doctors at Forest Hills Pediatrics, Dr. Kim is one that is high, if not top, on our list. If you're looking for him to crack jokes and be the life of the party, he's not and won't. But if you're looking for a nice, competent, caring professional pediatrician, he's your man! Don't think that he is not friendly- he is very friendly, always looks genuinely caring- he puts your mind at ease.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2015, 2013, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center
Dr. Young H Kim accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsForest Hills Pediatrics, 10848 70th Rd Ste 1, Forest Hills, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Young H Kim in this video.
Dr. Young H Kim is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Forest Hills, NY.