Dr. Young J You Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Young J You?

Still Injured Patient

I slipped on ice and had immense foot pain and chose ortho VA because I had a great experience with Dr. Martineli for my knee about 15 years ago in high school. I was given an apt same day with Dr. You for this experience. My first appt I felt that Dr. You was thorough and talked to me like a human and treated my fractured foot with care. Unfortunately no other appts were as good of an experience. I was under his care for 10 weeks. Once he took a post break x ray and explained it was no longer a fracture he did not seem to care that I was still in terrible pain and could not walk. He even suggested that the fracture wasn't that bad and it may be a sprained ankle that is giving me such pain. In my initial consultation he said there is NO WAY that there was a sprain, so telling me 10 weeks later that it was a sprain on top of a fracture was very disheartening. He did not suggest any follow up care just told me to give it time. I am now 5 months post break and still in a lot of pain. I have since left the practice (without x rays because although I paid for them they were not on the CD that I was given,) and found care at an orthopedic that was recommended by friends and am very happy as this doctor promised not to give up on me until I am better. I am very disappointed with Dr. You, and wish that all of my appts were as positive as the initial. I would not say AVOID this practice but I would think twice if Dr. You is you physician. He does not listen and rushes you as if you are just a number on his list for the day.

Dr. You is an expert in his field. He is wonderful and second to none.

Great Doctor

Dr. You has reattached my ruptured biceps, cleaned out the remnants of the torn meniscus of my knee, and remediated my arthritic shoulder. All these solutions have greatly improved my quality of life, and I will be forever grateful to him for his professional and empathetic care.

Couldn't be more disappointed.

spent little time with me, was very dismissive, barely listened to what I had to say. He sent me twice for weeks of physical therapy for an injured shoulder--took only an x-ray, no MRI. I finally changed doctors to get an MRI and found out that there was a tear that required surgery. Wasted an entire year in pain and a lot of money for the doctors' visits and physical therapy, and now have to undergo more physical therapy and could have further damaged my joint.

NO NONSGoodENSE, NO SALES PITCH

Dr. You is busy without being impatient. I always had an Xray before seeing him so the waiting time was productive--essential actually. My questions were answered as were my concerns, no matter how unrealistic or far-etched. I felt confidence in a doctor who knew what he was doing, was kind and if rushed, even so, never fluffed my questions off, explained where I needed explanations. It is as if were in my injury together. Good man

Dr. Young J You is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Alexandria, VA.