Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Yousef H Salem has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Prostate Cancer
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Kidney Stones
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Urologic Emergencies
- Female Urogenital Diseases
- Bladder Issues
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
The best thing I can say is that he is a good technician. Other than that, he's irresponsible, a poor communicator and borderline quack. He blamed me for a common side effect of a medication, having not listened my simple explanation. He gave me contradictory advice. He clearly does not view medicine as a collaboration between doctor and patient. He's God and you're a supplicant. And if anything goes wrong, he's not to blame.
I DO NOT recommend this doctor. He did surgery to clean a cyst next to my urethra. He was clear that the only thing I had to do after the surgery was to see him in 4 weeks and that the stitches I had were dissolvable. After 5 days of pain, I called the office and found out that HE FORGOT to tell me to take out the stitches the day after the surgery. When I reached him on the phone, he was rude, did not apologize for his mistake and even blamed me for not calling earlier. I can't believe a doctor can forget to tell the patient or give in writing the procedure after a surgery. I went through a lot of pain and trouble just because of his inefficiency. He may be OK for men, but I definitely DON'T recommend him for women.
There seems to be a chronic wait in this room. I wait over an hour for the appointment and as soon as I am in the room, I wait another 15 - 30 minutes in the exam room. It's decent when you are there for a check up, but when I had a procedure done it was miserable. It was even worse that his bedside manner during the procedure was terrible, he was aloof and did not explain what he was doing. Terrible doctor, will not go back.
Dr. Salem is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
George Washington University Hospital
Dr. Yousef H Salem accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsNorthern Virginia Urology, 4660 Kenmore Ave Ste 735, Alexandria, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Yousef H Salem in this video.
Dr. Yousef H Salem is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Alexandria, VA.