- Ulcerative Colitis Get the facts about ulcerative colitis, including what causes it, signs and symptoms, and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Get the facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it, the symptoms, and the different types.
- Adult Asthma Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Fibromyalgia Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Yousif A Abubakr has the following 3 SPECIALTIES
Dr. Yousif A Abubakr has the following 17 expertise
- Clinical Research
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Hepatitis C
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Blood Cancer
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Yousif A Abubakr Accepts the Following Insurance
More about Dr. Yousif A Abubakr
Dr. Yousif A. Abubakr is board certified in both medical oncology and internal medicine and practices at Cancer Specialists of North Floridaâ€™s Southside Cancer Center. A native of Sudan, Dr. Abubakr completed his residency and a fellowship in hematology and oncology at Wayne State University Medical Center in Detroit. While there, he cared for a young leukemia patient early in his internship and knew right away that he would specialize in oncology and hematology. He also had the opportunity to work in the bone marrow transplant program in addition to the lymphoma and leukemia service. His special areas of interest are in hematological malignancies as well as breast, colon, and lung cancers. Since his early days in medicine, Dr. Abubakr says he has learned from his patients. "Iâ€™ve learned to find a positive in every experience, to fight, and to stay upbeat," he says. Dr. Abubakr is optimistic about the future of cancer treatment, especially with the new targeted therapies that are effective and non toxic. Working with Cancer Specialists of North Florida is rewarding because of the practiceâ€™s focus on patients. "We strive to learn and stay up to date and help each other do whatâ€™s best for the patient," he says. When heâ€™s not working, Dr. Abubakr enjoys traveling. He says he enjoys thinking about "the next travel plan â€” and what I didnâ€™t see is what I want to see. I love to travel and explore." Dr. Abubakr lives in Jacksonville with his wife and three children. "At the end of my days, I hope my children are my greatest accomplishment," he says.