Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Michael Y Gao has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
- Birth Control
- Breast Cancer
- Pap Smear
- Women's Health
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
Showing 5 of 56
I have been a patient of Dr. Gao's for many years and originally I thought he was a good doctor. However , after having a major surgery performed by him i have now changed my mind. He showed a much different side where he was uncaring, acted like I was bothering him when trying to get this surgery scheduled and when I had some issues while in hospital post op, and at home days after being released from hospital, he put his needs in front of mine. I am glad to be done needing him as a doctor after having a total hysterectomy I no longer need him but if in future I need something I will find someone new. He isn't worth the unprofessional, uncaring, terrible bedside manner.
He is the only OB/GYN that I trust...I have been seeing him for many years now. He is kind, knowledgeable and caring. Not that these types of visits are any fun but he makes you feel comfortable so your not as nervous. If your looking for a OB/GYN give him a try, his assistant is wonderfully sweet and her and dr. Gao work well together
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Michael Y Gao accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsQuality Care For Women Pc, 49 Veronica Ave Ste 201, Somerset, NJ
Dr. Michael Y Gao is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Somerset, NJ.