The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Yudhishtra Markan
Dr. Yudhishtra Markan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Glen Burnie, MD. His specialties include Medical Oncology, Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Markan is affiliated with Anne Arundel Medical Center and Sinai Hospital Of Baltimore. He speaks English.
Dr. Yudhishtra Markan has the following 3 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Yudhishtra Markan has the following 24 expertise
- Stomach Cancer
- Urinary Bladder Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Blood Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Mesothelioma (Asbestos-related Cancer)
- Testicular Cancer (Seminoma)
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Blood Clot (Thromboembolism)
- Lung Cancer
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Ovarian Cancer
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- B-Cell Lymphoma (CBCL)
Dr. Yudhishtra Markan has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Yudhishtra Markan is Board Certified in 1 specialty
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Markan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
The Washington Hospital
Dr. Yudhishtra Markan accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsChesapeake Oncology Hematology Associates Pa, 305 Hospital Dr Ste 2A, Glen Burnie, MD
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Yudhishtra Markan in this video.
Dr. Yudhishtra Markan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Glen Burnie, MD.