Dr. Yujuan Choy Is this you?

2.6

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Yujuan Choy?

I truly had my hopes up that she could help. But from the initial appointment when I met her and sat in her terribly small and windowless office to several sessions later when it became apparent she really does not know what she is doing and is in private practice only part time (probably just for some additional spending cash to supplement her full time job at UCI) and does not have the expertise full time psychistrists may have, I am left with just trying to find a better psychiatrist to help me with my problems. Disappointed.

Terrible

Do not see her. I went and made an appointment with her last year for my anxiety and I could tell right away that she suffers from her own anxiety condition. She was so inflexible and difficult to work with. And her voice is terribly annoying as well.

Meh

If you grew up in the US I think she has a hard time relating to you, so extended sessions are like talking to a wall. In the end I found she doesn't understand the dynamics and subtleties of being an American. Even obscure English words seemed to be a stretch for her.

Gets Results, Cares About Her Patients

I saw Dr. Choy for anxiety and depression and had a better state of mind within weeks. She is extremely professional, conscientious and most importantly, gets results. I found her very flexible in scheduling appointments, even seeing me at the last minute when I had a personal crises. I have recommended several people to her and would recommend anyone thinking about therapy to go in for an initial consultation.