Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Yuliya Rekhtman has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Gastroenterology
Pediatric gastroenterologists can treat a variety of diseases and conditions in infants and children related to their liver, pancreas or intestines. If your child has severe or recurrent abdominal pain, constipation or diarrhea, a pediatric gastroenterologist can help you get to the bottom of it. They can also help identify the many possible causes of failure to thrive in infants.
Other common conditions they treat include Crohn's Disease, inflammatory bowel disease, liver disease, short gut syndrome and hepatitis C, as well as nutritional disorders like celiac disease and lactose intolerance. In order to diagnose and treat your child’s condition, gastroenterologists can perform colonoscopies and other diagnostic testing before deciding on the best treatment plan.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 26
The doctor is first rate all the way, including experience, ability to diagnose, knowledge, professionalism, and bedside manner. However, she closed her private office in Rockville and only works out of Georgetown Hospital Pediatric Gastroenterology now. The latter is a large bureaucracy, and is non-responsible to the point of being dysfunctional when you need to schedule and appointment, or obtain records, prescription refill, or need anything at all. Phone hold times of a half hour are not uncommon here and even once you get through, good luck getting what you need! The worst of the worst! One wonders whether the doctors have any idea how badly the patients are treated by this system. Do they ever try to dial their own patient phone numbers to check? If my son were not ready to graduate to an adult GI doctor, we would leave this practice anyway. They are impossible to deal with. In short, one of the best doctors you could hope to find, but the bureaucracy makes her services unreliable in terms of availability and getting needs met. Go somewhere else!
Dr. Rekhtman is a very kind physician, and my kids adore here. This may sound awkward, but so be it. My 13 year old was mortified when he needed a rectal exam (remember when you were a teenager). But she handled it very appropriately, and made him laugh as I left the room. No joke. I was very impressed with her professionalism. Excellent doctor.
Dr. Rekhtman is a great physician. She's helped my kids for several years, and is very professional. She also has a very good bedside manner. I'm very happy with her, and highly recommend her as a physician to anyone who has a sick child.
20 Years Experience
State University Of New York Upstate Medical University
Graduated in 1998
North Shore University Hospital
Dr. Yuliya Rekhtman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Yuliya Rekhtman in this video.
Dr. Yuliya Rekhtman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Columbia, SC.