Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Yura Williams has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Yura Williams has the following 7 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Yura Williams has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 37
Would give a zero if possible, does everything in her power to keep patients on a leash and get as much money as possible. They literally NEVER answer the phone so God help you if you run out of medicine, which you will, go ahead and try calling now and come back here to reply, let's see how many people get someone on the other end of the phone
I was a little worried at first to see Dr. Williams because of prior reviews I read on other sites etc.... but... I am very happy to have found Dr. Williams - she is very serious about her job & took her time to listen to me. I did not feel rushed at all & I felt like she was really listening to me. She didn't cut me short at all. She is a very to the point person! I am glad I didn't let the negative experience reviews stop me from seeing her - I was able to form my own opinion about her. Again - I am so happy to have found her & she is really helping me get myself back on track with my life! Thank you Dr. Williams!!!
Best and quickest thinkng, smartest Dr. I ever had.
Dr. Williams is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Medstar Union Memorial Hospital
14 Years Experience
University of Illinois at Chicago
Graduated in 1999
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsHope & Wellness Center, 8640 Ridgelys Choice Dr, Nottingham, MD
Dr. Yura Williams is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Nottingham, MD.